Author Topic: Headblade Moto - Winner!  (Read 13470 times)

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
Re: Headblade Moto - Winner!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
Hey Liquid. Congrats on having a moto!

The ATX is heavier... I agree.

I would like to comment on your thoughts but im going to have to refrain - im saving all thoughts/comments for a full review and i have to wait till ive spent more time with the moto and got more shaves on it.

I will say as a teaser - The first shave with it was with regular shave cream. Dont do that.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
Howdy do yall!

Well this is thoroughly delayed... and i apologize, i really do. Life has gotten very chaotic in the past few weeks and i just havent had the energy/drive/time to make a proper video for you all. I barely have the time now to share a written review of the Moto, but i hope it will do for now until the time does present itself for me to finally make a video.

Lets jump right in.

-Design -
The moto is definitely lighter than the ATX, and i must admit there is a small factor that makes it feel a flimsy, but more on that later. The new finger holder is more ergonomic, and i found much less difficulty getting my large hands to fit it snugly but comfortably. My middle finger rests in the finger slot well, and i found the rest of my hand well placed on the textured surface area of the device.

-Pivot-
That little pivot is interesting, i dont know how to feel about it... The benefit is noticeable for sure, and i found myself getting a simpler shave much more consistently and easily than with the atx which does not contour to my head as i glide from front to back. The pivot allows the blade to stay in contact with as much skin as possible, without the user having to contort their hand inaccurately because its inverted in a mirror or invisible in the shower. Ease of use has been increased greatly. Now about the flimsy note.. That pivot does feel like over time/usage the tension that keeps it centered could wear out and cause it to remain tilted one way by default. It hasnt happened to mine yet, but i do wonder if in time, whatever keeps that blade level might eventually wear out enough that it will tilt one way. This wouldnt be a huge problem as long as the device is on your head i suppose, since contact with skin will make it pivot to the angle necessary. Its just a design flaw in my opinion that there isnt better tension on that pivot ball in the base.

-Wheel or Ball?-
That little ball is probably my favorite part of this stupid device. It feels effortless gliding across my noggin, and being a ball, allows me to tilt the device very easily on my head to keep that cartridge in contact with my skin, without requiring pressure or force that leads to those cuts and nicks that none of us want or like. (unless youre emo...) Initially i was worried that shaving cream/lotion/butter/headslick would get caught behind that ball in the base of the device and cause smudge/sludge/stink/ew but it hasnt, theres little vent slots on the sides of the ball casing that allows water to get in and out, keeping it clean, provided that you rinse well after use.

-Shave Quality-
Same blade cartridges, new device. Way better. 'Nuff said. No i wont leave you hanging - the Moto is just so much easier to get a good shave with than the ATX, and i really believe that is because of the new angle provided by the base of the device, and the way the pivot tilts on your head as you glide along. The ATX was good, but i found myself applying pressure to try and hit those angled or dipped in spots, and it was giving me needless irritation and nicks. Not any more, the Moto glides over surface area so smoothly that minimal pressure is required. I end up with a very uniform and clean shave in under ten minutes, just by going front to back, back to front, and then up from the bottom on each side. SO much easier than with the ATX.

-Final Thoughts and Where The Moto Resides in My Shaving Cabinet-
Well, if i could see all the Headblade devices in front of me on a display, i would choose the Moto. Its small, fits almost any hand well, and pivots to conform to the shape of almost any head. The price is the same as the others, and it offers superior and easy shaves at minimal effort levels.

As with every product, it cant be perfect in EVERY area. My only complain is that there isnt as much control as with a regular handle razor. Due to this, i dont believe its possible to get as close/smooth a shave with any headblade model as it is with a traditional handle/cartridge. I personally use the Moto when i need a basic "look good" shave for a regular day out. When i want that head turning shine or smooth soft skin that my mom cant help but rub, i grab my Dorco Pace 4 handle and cartridge. Where the Moto finds its value in your shaving cabinet is up to you, but for me, its my every day simple shaver, and when i need something special, i set it aside.

I hope this gives some insight and answers some questions for anyone whos been waiting to pull the plug and get the Moto, and if you have any questions or things youd like me to check/talk about feel free to ask, ill get back when i can.

Thanks for being patient, and again im sorry about the delay.

All the best, shine on.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 07:44:15 PM »
I just recently purchased a Moto to give it a try. Too tire to write a response tonight, but hope to put something in print shortly.

Mr Zed 

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 08:23:53 PM »
I had been waiting to hear but as I was visiting NYC I actually bout one earlier tonight. I will let you all Know how I get on.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 06:38:10 AM »
Thanks for the detailed review!  GREAT JOB!!!  O0 O0  I am glad to hear that you feel the finger grip is better as I had nothing but issues with the ATX wanting to stay on my finger.  I'm still undecided on trying the MOTO. 

Thanks again for the great review!!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:19 AM »
I had been waiting to hear but as I was visiting NYC I actually bout one earlier tonight. I will let you all Know how I get on.

*Salt in wound*

Sorry i took so long!

Glad you pulled the plug and got one, theyre a reasonable price and worth the shot!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 07:21:12 AM »
Thanks for the detailed review!  GREAT JOB!!!  O0 O0  I am glad to hear that you feel the finger grip is better as I had nothing but issues with the ATX wanting to stay on my finger.  I'm still undecided on trying the MOTO. 

Thanks again for the great review!!

Sorry it took so long, but hopefully it will help you decide! I definitely say its a go to give it a shot.

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »
Thank you for the review.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 04:37:32 PM »
That's the most detailed Moto review yet! I really want to try one but any time more then 1 single blade slides across my dome I get tbumps and ingrowns on the back of my neck so I'm still very worried I'll drop $15 on a Moto and after 2-3 days say "well... Guess I'm sticking with my de's" like I always do about 2-3 days into cartridge shaves
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
Hope to see a video review as well.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »
I totally agree, a video review would be nice!

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2017, 06:33:01 AM »
Based on the 2 wheel design, I would think that the ATX is more "stable" than the Moto?  Can anyone comment?

Enter your email address: