Author Topic: Coming back Sly again?  (Read 6223 times)

Offline wilsun

• Learning the way of Sly
Coming back Sly again?
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:01:58 PM »
Hey guys... it's been almost exactly a year since I went sly. However, once summer 2015 was over I grew out my hair and went back to the usual routine.

It's been pretty hot lately, and I needed a haircut, so last night I got the ol' clippers out and buzzed my entire head. I figured since I went this far, might as well go completely clean shaven. Here's a photo from last week, and one from a few hours ago. How does it look?

I guess I'll have to do the the 30 day challenge again. I think I pretty much have the technique down. However, my concerns are more about appearance.
One...  you rarely, if ever, see completely bald Asians, especially BBC.
Two... I feel I have a misshapen head, I have the "Asian flat in the back of the head" look.
Three... I think completely shaven, slick, and smooth looks alright. A no-guard or a #1 buzz cut looks okay too. I think what bothers me is the sandpaper shadow I'm having this very moment... like a 5 o'clock shadow on my head. Having black Asian hair doesn't help either. To me it just looks... WEIRD.

What do y'all think? Any other Asian input? Thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:06:16 PM by wilsun »

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
Re: Coming back Sly again?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »
I'm not Asian and the back of my head is flat but keeping my remaining fringe shaved clean makes the head shape really less of an issue.  You look awesome so sly !  Keep it !

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:53:46 PM »
I think you look just fine!  And kudos for changing it up now and then.  I do this also.  I shave for about 4 months of each year and then grow a flattop for the other part of the year.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »
Hey Wilsun,

I would worry less about what others think about your baldness.  Obviously, to you, being Asian is an important part of your identity, but that shouldn't be a factor in your decision to live sly.  What is important is what makes you happy, regardless of how others feel.  I think you look pretty good!   My head isn't perfect either, but whose is? 

I would encourage you to stick to the 30 day rule.  I think you'll be glad you did.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:51:32 PM by socknoggle »

Offline CaptainBeefheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:37:33 PM »
Not asian, but I think sly suits you. :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »
It looks great...Great headshape and the glasses are a nice touch!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline wilsun

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »
Hey , thanks for the comments, guys! It's been seven days and so far I'm still liking the look. I think it looks fine if you're looking at me straight on, but from a side profile it still looks weird to me because of my flat back of my head. Oh well...

A part of me still kinda miss the hair, maybe being sly will be just a summer thing!  :*))
I have to say though, having no hair feels so much cooler, definitely helps being out in the field working as an EMT.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 05:18:07 PM »
Looks good, wilsun. A few of my co-workers are Asian and sly and they all look nice.
Hair is over rated.

Offline wilsun

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

Day 21 and still liking it. And another advantage I realized last weekend... went riding on my motorcycle and didn't have to worry about helmet hair!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 07:43:26 PM »
Yeah, I know a lot of Sly riders and they say the same thing about the lack of helmet hair.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.