Author Topic: Four Star Generals  (Read 11823 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Four Star Generals
« on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:58 PM »
Isn't it great (sigh) to see that even our 4 star generals can act like high schoolers playing with facebook sometimes..LOL.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Four Star Generals
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
Two excellent examples that it's not the uniform and rank you wear, but how you wear your uniform and rank that matters.

Second lesson, always maintain a healthy skepticism, in the philosophical sense, concerning all in authority.

Remember that great poem, Ozymandias, and the line, " Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"  Rather like an appropriate caption on the photos of these two, pardon the pun, "gentlemen."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:48:08 AM by saintc »

Slynito

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:39 AM »
Another example of people who have the world by the tail...education, money, power, high esteem, can rub elbows with any leader in the world, but can become the victim of loneliness, lack of curtain attention or perhaps a desire to test his powers in a different way. We are a strange species and always are proving it. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »
Another example of people who have the world by the tail...education, money, power, high esteem, can rub elbows with any leader in the world, but can become the victim of loneliness, lack of curtain attention or perhaps a desire to test his powers in a different way. We are a strange species and always are proving it. 

For some details on the lives of these guys based only on their military rank--and they're rarely shot or even shot at!:

http://americablog.com/2012/11/should-us-military-elite-live-as-extravagantly-as-us-corporate-elite.html

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »
People from all walks of life are capable of acts that make you proud, and acts that disgust you.
The events of the last few weeks have been a head scratcher to say the least.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »

For some details on the lives of these guys based only on their military rank--and they're rarely shot or even shot at!:

http://americablog.com/2012/11/should-us-military-elite-live-as-extravagantly-as-us-corporate-elite.html

Full bird Colonel and above is not to be believed and Brigadier on up is like never never land.

Slynito

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:36:40 AM »
Yea Tom, when they get up that high in the stratosphere they are politicians. But the chair of the joint chiefs Gen. Pate, was a platoon leader in RVN and we had a general shot out of the blue in his chopper in RVN, can't remember his name...and old 5 star Ike had a g/f in England. But he only saw combat chasing the homeless vets out of WDC along with MacArthur. History is tricky...

Slynito

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
I just read a Stars & Stripes article that speaks to this thread...  O:O

Do Scandals Undermine Integrity of Officer Corps?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/11/16/do-scandals-undermine-integrity-of-officer-corps.html?ESRC=marine.nl

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:55:11 PM »
Had to share this one, a friend remarked that Generals only get in trouble when they can't control their privates.  ;) That works on at least two levels. 

Slynito

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
Damn if the Privates don't get the blame for everything that goes wrong! :Xo!

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Four Star Generals
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:57:59 PM »
And today's topic @ roll call..... Wait for it.....
Sexual harassment/assault.... Coming from the 3-Star general I work for :-\

Cheers,
Ro

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »

Dontcha just love them.

Slynito

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »

Was there any giggling, snickering or whispering among those in ranks?  :*))

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »
Of course...alot of WTFO looks on faces too. You know the old saying, "do as I say, not as I do"... ;)

Cheers,
Ro

Slynito

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »
Of course...alot of WTFO looks on faces too. You know the old saying, "do as I say, not as I do"... ;)

WTFO...very funny that y'all are still saying that. Oh yes, I remember how they would settle any confusion by saying do as I say, not as I do.  O:O