Author Topic: What made you go bald?  (Read 283678 times)

Offline MrClean

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What made you go bald?
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »
I have TWO "cowlicks"....Drove me INSANE!  So.....I got rid of it!!

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #451 on: May 29, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Having my mpb kick in at 18, spend the next couple of years trying to pass a combover off as a full head of hair.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:37:50 AM by J_Scott »

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #452 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
The MPB gene made me do it. I have a choice, either look like Bozo the clown when it grows out, or keep it shaved. The fringe look is not for me. Just saying....

Offline Sri

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2018, 06:28:27 AM »
I've been into the bald look for many years and I didn't have confidence or age on my side to keep the shaved head going. I'm going BBC because it's cleaner, easy to maintain and makes me feel like a million bucks.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #454 on: March 23, 2018, 02:18:05 PM »
Having my mpb kick in at 18, spend the next couple of years trying to pass a combover off as a full head of hair.
sounds familiar to ME!

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2018, 08:54:58 PM »
I've had a massive crush on men with shaved heads going back to grade 3 when my teacher had a shaved head. I just love the look of it. When I was 13, I got a buzz cut that I hated which made me think I could never pull off being bald. However, I've also hated my hair most of my life. Its natural curly and its so darn thick. I can't maintain a hairstyle that I like. I hate my natural colour and have coloured it so much that I'm surprised that I haven't damaged my hair and scalp. My hair also grows ridiculously fast. I swear I must have been a Chia Pet in a previous life. The final straw over the summer was dying my hair blue which I re-did a month ago. My friend has a shaved head and I'm envious of it. In a couple weeks my mom and I are going to a taping of The People's Court and I highly doubt they'd let me in with blue hair so I conceded I'd have to buzz it. Then I thought I'd try shaving it and if I didn't like it, it'd look like a buzz cut when we go to the show.

I love my new look. I hope I live a long life so I can keep it this way. I regret not doing it much sooner. A lot of people's mouths dropped but once they get over the initial shock they say they love it. I have received more compliments over the past few days then I did combined throughout the years when I changed my hair colour and style!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2018, 04:16:56 AM »
Because i look more masculine and strong with a shiny head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #457 on: October 16, 2018, 09:12:31 AM »
I just wanted to shave my head 1 time to see what it was like. That was over 5 years ago, and haven't missed very many days shaved bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #458 on: October 16, 2018, 12:32:57 PM »
i looked terrible with thinning sickly hair. i don't have much to razor anymore but I'm glad the rest is gone.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #459 on: October 16, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
i looked terrible with thinning sickly hair. i don't have much to razor anymore but I'm glad the rest is gone.

All or Nothing

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »

All or Nothing

Hi Chris:  I agree.  I wish I still had "nice" hair but since it has gotten so thin and whispy I would rather be rid of it entirely.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #461 on: October 19, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »

All or Nothing
i agree. i think we all get to that point (of hair loss) and say f**k IT!  f**k it all.  some guys sooner than others.

Hi Chris:  I agree.  I wish I still had "nice" hair but since it has gotten so thin and whispy I would rather be rid of it entirely.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #462 on: October 19, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »

All or Nothing
i agree. i think we all get to that point (of hair loss) and say f**k IT!  f**k it all.  some guys sooner than others.

Much better than hiding under a hat or combover,you look more masculine and clean

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2018, 11:49:06 AM »

All or Nothing
e-x-a-c-t-l-y.  total no brainer in my book.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #464 on: September 28, 2021, 12:58:27 PM »
Always wanted to so I did a virtual st baldricks and made 500 bucks. Sat down in the barber chair and got it cue balled. I go back and forth but decided after I get my dvm I’m going to keep it sly 24/7. It’s just easier.