Author Topic: Red marks on top of head  (Read 7151 times)

Offline wolfwood

• Learning the way of Sly
Red marks on top of head
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:35:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have been shaving my head for a few years now and have not ever thought to look at the top of my head. A few months ago my co-workers commented on red blotches/marks on my head. When I got home, I took photos with my phone and was able to see these red marks for myself. I am not too sure what it could be. I tried using Nizoral in case I had seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp but after a few weeks of using it, I don't see a difference.

I will be going to see a dermatologist but wait times to get an appointment can take between 3 months and a year. In the meantime, I wanted to see if any of you have dealt with this issue and could help me out.

Offline Liquid

• Sly Jr.
  • Est. Sly Warrior since 2011.
Re: Red marks on top of head
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:36 AM »
Cannot say much to what it might be but it looks similar to what I have on some areas. If you find out anything let me know!

Offline Baldrag

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 01:14:56 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have been shaving my head for a few years now and have not ever thought to look at the top of my head. A few months ago my co-workers commented on red blotches/marks on my head. When I got home, I took photos with my phone and was able to see these red marks for myself. I am not too sure what it could be. I tried using Nizoral in case I had seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp but after a few weeks of using it, I don't see a difference.

I will be going to see a dermatologist but wait times to get an appointment can take between 3 months and a year. In the meantime, I wanted to see if any of you have dealt with this issue and could help me out.

Hey, I can't help but have the same marks on my crown, until now I've assumed they were a sort of birth mark. Would be interested to know if you found out more?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
How often do you guys shave? It's possible that one, both or all three of you are applying too much pressure on your scalp by obsessing over smoothness. Ice cubes, witch hazel and some aloe vera may help/
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Baldrag

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
How often do you guys shave? It's possible that one, both or all three of you are applying too much pressure on your scalp by obsessing over smoothness. Ice cubes, witch hazel and some aloe vera may help/

I had been shaving about once every five days but have recently been more regular aiming for every 2/3 days. I had marks similar to this on my crown since I started shaving. I do notice that its worse when I'm actually shaving and cools down a little by morning.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
It could be just irritation if it seems to be better by morning. Do they ever disappear when not shaving ?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."