Author Topic: shampoo for scalp health?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
shampoo for scalp health?
« on: April 22, 2017, 02:05:06 PM »
Obviously...we don't really have any hair to be shampooing anymore but I was wondering what products would be good just for general scalp health? with the skin on our head obviously being different to the rest of our body i figured there might be some  good products out there just for simply cleaning the scalp or adding in nutrients it needs. Wasn't so sure if say using a face wash type product would be ideal as i assume there is still a difference in skin type from face to scalp.

Offline jmdate

• Learning the way of Sly
  • It has been a long time...
Re: shampoo for scalp health?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:24:06 PM »
I use shampoo on my face / beard and, seeing as it was formulated for your head (and scalp), I guess shampoo ought to be the ideal thing (even if we don't have hair)?!

I think what's more important is moisturising and protecting one's scalp - it is so easy to get burned up there and the skin is so delicate. I pretty much use sunscreen from April onwards even here in the UK. It only takes 20 minutes and I can be sore, 30 and I'm burnt.

I get asked quite a lot if I still have to use shampoo, mostly by the kids I teach. I always tell the truth and say "Yes... in order to be clean!" What I don't admit to is how long a bottle of shampoo actually lasts, which is measured in many months - I use so little at a time that I'm almost embarrassed by how old the bottle looks when I finally run out.