Author Topic: Aloe everyone! (see what I did there) What brand Aloe Vera are you using?  (Read 5055 times)

Offline bald-smurf

• Learning the way of Sly
I looked through a lot of post and a lot of you seem to be using Aloe Vera post shave.
I went to a local grocery store and only found one Aloe type product by sun tanning products. It had a ton of ingredients in it. I am pretty sure that is not what I am suppose to be looking for.

Are you using pure Aloe Vera or store bought gel or lotion?
Do you mind sharing the actual name of the brand and where you purchase it from?

Thanks a lot.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
It's the pure Aloe Vera gel with no alcohol. The brand name you should be looking for is Fruit of the Earth and the gel is clear. You can get that at about any store, especially Walmart. Avoid any of those other kinds because they'll have alcohol in them, which will irritate the skin.   O0

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Aj q-bal nailed it on... The head lol.  While I typically am a huge proponent of witch hazel and alcohol based after shave and being frugal in general I HIGHLY suggest you get the clear fruit of the earth brand from walmart or similar stores.  Anything less is full of alcohol and green dye, yuck!

Now for me, since I am so pimple prone with greasy skin, I can only use aloe in the winter months.  Post shave I apply witch hazel and let it dry, then aftershave of choice and let it dry, then aloe.  In the warmer months I do the same except skip the aloe.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline bald-smurf

Thanks for the answers.
You guys are talking about this right?
Also is it located by sun tanning products, lotions, or medical? I can not seem to find a big selection of Aloe at my walmart.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:10:17 AM by bald-smurf »

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
That is exactly it! Should run in the $3-$5 range and even used daily that bottle will last you atleast a month or two.  You could have a huge cave man noggin like I do and still only need about a nickel sized glob for your entire head, neck, and possibly face.

I found mine in my local walmart in the area that has the lotion (gold bond, cocoa butter, Vaseline, so forth).  It was on the bottom shelf and I too thought they didn't have any at first. If you are facing where the acne face washes and such are, turn around. It's probably behind you on a lower shelf.

On a side note.... It's sad that walmart is so corporate and so similar from store to store that I can tell you where to find a product in your local one without ever being there haha

Offline bald-smurf

I found mine in my local walmart in the area that has the lotion (gold bond, cocoa butter, Vaseline, so forth).  It was on the bottom shelf and I too thought they didn't have any at first. If you are facing where the acne face washes and such are, turn around. It's probably behind you on a lower shelf.

On a side note.... It's sad that walmart is so corporate and so similar from store to store that I can tell you where to find a product in your local one without ever being there haha

WOW these directions are exactly right! Thanks a lot - Found it.
You are 100% right about the location, it is sooooo hidden at Walmart it is not even funny.
Bottom shelf by the cocoa butter.
If you did not say exactly where it was, I could have been there for over an hour and still would not have found it. So ty very much.

Tried it after a shave. It is nice and soothing - love it.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
So awesome!  Happy it's working for you.  I actually stopped using lotion entirely and use that stuff for my shoulders, elbows, and hands now too.