Author Topic: Razor Bumps, Help!  (Read 6021 times)

Offline Slytherook

• Learning the way of Sly
Razor Bumps, Help!
« on: November 20, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
Hey Sly Guys,

My name is Justin and I recently took the plunge and went sly, about 2 months ago. While I have grown to love my new look, I cannot seem the avoid these razor bumps. I have done tons on research on how to avoid them and take every precaution I have read about. My normal routine would be a hot shower with HeadScrub and I have the option to go with my Merkur 34C or I also use a Braun Series 3 340s when I do not have the time or energy for the process that is DE head shaving. I notice more bumps with my electric shaver as opposed to using a safety razor but they wind up showing up a day or 2 after regardless. This is frustrating because by the time the bumps disappear and I can finally shave again, I have about 5 days growth to get rid of which just creates a revolving door. The only thing I can think of is that when I use the braun I tend to save my problem area for last, (back of my neck) and by that time my razor is rather hot. My post shave routine consists of a cold water rinse, witch hazel, matte for men lotion and bump stopper cream which I swear makes my problem worse. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Razor Bumps, Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 11:24:19 PM »
Welcome, Justin!

I want to ask...do you oil and/or clean your electric shaver between uses? Unoiled and/or dirty shavers can cause irriation on a bald scalp. As for the bumps, I use Bump patrol in a blue bottle and the bumps clear up within 72-96 hours. Also, try rubbing your head with an ice cube immediately after you shave so the pores can open up which prevents most bumps. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slytherook

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:24:46 PM »
So I just started cleaning the foil head with soap and water and while I have oil I am not exactly sure how and when to apply it.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 05:27:50 PM »
All you need is a few drops of oil across the entire blade. I've never heard of cleaning a shaver with soap and water...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
I've started getting bumps on my neck in the back and also, for the first time, on my temples.
I've ordered some Bump Patrol from Amazon to try that...

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »
Justin, try something called Tend Skin, it's sure to clear up any nasties