Author Topic: A Good Exfoliant  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: A Good Exfoliant
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
I bought a Dove Men + care Active Clean , Dual sided shower tool, then use Dove men +care, deep clean soap for my whole body .  It has a great manly smell and is a good Exfoliant.  It also has 1/4 moisturizing cream.  Use it daily maybe twice a day.  Usually take a hot shower , shave with HB , Sport and Slick and then use my Dove.   O0  Super Great !   
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »
Guys.... try the Bee Bald "Clean" product. Outstanding cleaning and exfoliating with a very mild, pleasant scent. It's a little pricier than some other poducts but I use literally a pea sized drop on my big head and that is plenty to do the job.

Throw in the fact that the owner of the company, Dennis, is a top notch guy and it's an easy choice. NO.... I don't know Dennis but I've had some dealings with him and he donated free products to all the guys that donated to my Scotty's Ride event back in September.
He's a great guy that believes in his products.

Check out www.beebald.com
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Rich

• Learning the way of Sly
    • DomeCare Solutions Store
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »
I really like Jack Black’s Clear Complexion Razor Bump & Acne Treatment. The product has 2% salicylic acid as the exfoliating ingredient. This is the way to go because salicylic acid exfoliates the surface of the skin and inside the pores. It took me awhile to get used to this type of exfoliator because I was used to the feeling of an actual scrub. A little bit goes a long way and I only use it a few times a week.

I know a lot of you like the St. Ives scrub, but I’m not a fan. I find it’s too abrasive. The product uses ground walnut shells as the exfoliant which is not good for your head. Walnut shells have uneven edges which actually causes tiny tears in the skin. The damage isn’t something you see right away, but over time it takes a toll on the dome. If you prefer a physical exfoliant look for a product that has exfoliating beads or even fine sugar- these have soft edges and are gentle on the dome. Hope this info helps.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 01:55:55 PM »
I finished my St Ives Apricot yesterday (and I really liked it) ... but today started a bottle of HeadShed which has a very fine grit. That was pleasing also.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
I use an antibacterial soap and a loofah pad.

I find the soap significantly helped with pimples and ingrown hairs on my face/head. And I like the loofah pad as I can change up how 'rough' the exfoliating is just by using more or less pressure.
Lynchy

Offline Brownimation

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 04:03:09 PM »
I too have used St. Ives (the one with salicylic acid) and Headshed with good results.  I've just gotten into the habit of scrubbing my head down pretty aggressively before every shave.  Makes things softer and easier, especially when going against the grain.

Like others have mentioned, the St. Ives is cheaper, but I like supporting Headblade when I can.  Plus, it smells like some magic chocolate hazelnut concoction.   I think Headblade needs to start marketing a Headshed flavored pastry.   :px

Enter your email address: