Author Topic: After shaving options  (Read 26031 times)

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
Re: After shaving options
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 05:11:55 AM »
Ice cube rub (Thanks warhawk) or cold splash followed by one of the three as of now Which hazel,Pinaud clubman after shave lotion,sea breeze,Clubman Pinaud Lilac,Aramis Lab Series for Men Razor Burn Relief

Finishing touch one of the following aloe Vera,citrus oil & dead sea minerals,barbasol,lssey Miyake lotion,Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime,Jojoba Oil,And just bought some Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm but have not received it yet.I am sure I forgot some.Whatever goes on the head for that shave goes on the face.Then there are the colognes.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:30:18 AM by justtom »

Offline Combat Gerbil

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I'm a Hitman Baby..
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
Cold water rinse, then Nivea for men after shave cooling lotion. Moisturizes well.
The Original Combat Gerbil.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:57 PM »
For me, cold water rinse and then ClearHead/Bump Patrol.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Less is definetely more, otherwise you will just clog your skin.

Offline Bald Weasel

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »
What I have found best that works for me so far:
Exfoliate with hot water and St Ives, HeadBlade shave gel (cream?), Schick 5, jump in the shower and rinse with hot water, cold water splash before getting out, ice cube rub (I don't know if it does anything, but dammit man, it feels good! >:D ) then my best friend Bump Patrol.
I know I am going to need to get a sunscreen. What is a good one that doesn't leave me feeling like
I have a swimmers cap on? I tried a aloe vera one and hated the feeling. :(
Keith

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »
If you struggle with razor burn/rash/bumps the only way to go is bump patrol or ClearHead.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
A cold water rinse after shave gel + baby oil gel for the shine right now i'm back using coco butter

Slynito

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 06:04:11 PM »
I've heard that coco butter was good and have wanted to try it. Plez tell me your experiences.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Re: After shaving options
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
I personally found cocoa butter a bit greasy,  and it made me break out with a few spots,  which I never get usually.   Shame,  because I love the smell!

I've heard that coco butter was good and have wanted to try it. Plez tell me your experiences.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 08:42:15 PM »
after I do a head shave I like to use coco butter sometimes it helps with my skin and its complexion also it keeps it moisturized the one I have by palmer's works good for after you've been out in the sun palmer's for men works well to or any brand of coco butter perhaps shea butter also

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »
I'm just a newbie compared to most of you.  I tried witch hazel on tonight after my shave and it felt really good on the scalp.  It's just a generic brand, and I may not use it every time, but it seems to be useful to have on hand.  Thinking about trying to infuse it with some mint leaves from the garden!?

Slynito

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »
I'm just a newbie compared to most of you.  I tried witch hazel on tonight after my shave and it felt really good on the scalp.  It's just a generic brand, and I may not use it every time, but it seems to be useful to have on hand.  Thinking about trying to infuse it with some mint leaves from the garden!?

Infused mint, good idea Slane. I like my Witch Hazel straight up, but Dickinson comes with Aloe Vera and I think Rose scent...I don't use this type but have seen it. You may like it...

Offline Bucksfan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
I either use just aftershave (Aqua Velva / other) or if I'm having an issue maybe a bit of bump patrol for a couple days.

Then, after it dries for about 5 minutes, I apply a light moisturizer when I do the same to my face.

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
with the weather being cool outside if your prep for time and on the go feel how cool your after shave will feel when the cool air from outside hits your skin

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
Infused mint, good idea Slane. I like my Witch Hazel straight up, but Dickinson comes with Aloe Vera and I think Rose scent...I don't use this type but have seen it. You may like it...

I'll keep an eye out.  I like some aloe vera every now and then, and a rose scent could go well with the peppermint castille oil soap I'm currently using  ;D

Enter your email address: