Author Topic: Headblade and Products  (Read 19802 times)

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
Re: Headblade and Products
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 03:08:24 PM »
i have found that dropping the sport in HOT water for a few minutes helps as well.

Oh yeah!  I fill the sink and let the Sport sit in the water while I soak my head with a wet hot towel, do the head shed and rinse it off.  Probably 3-5 minutes.  It lets the lube strip soften up.
i've followed all the advice with good results, but products came with absolutely no instructions.  used the clear head then the lube after rinsing.  right, yes?

check out the very informative headbalde 101 video located @ www.headblade.com

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »
my routine-  SHOWER
put on the headshed & let sit for 1 minute
rinse & put on slick & let that sit one minute- shave
rinse entire head with cold water.
once out of shower, put on clearhead all over head.
once dry, apply headlube & your done!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
i have found that dropping the sport in HOT water for a few minutes helps as well.

Oh yeah!  I fill the sink and let the Sport sit in the water while I soak my head with a wet hot towel, do the head shed and rinse it off.  Probably 3-5 minutes.  It lets the lube strip soften up.
i've followed all the advice with good results, but products came with absolutely no instructions.  used the clear head then the lube after rinsing.  right, yes?

check out the very informative headbalde 101 video located @ www.headblade.com
Thanks, hand a little trouble but finally got the video up.  It helped quite a bit.  I was putting to much pressure on the blade apparrently and getting a few cuts.  Hopefully with practice this will end, cause I really like the closeness I get with it. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:30 AM »
WTB: NEW/MINT/CHERRY HeadBlade S4 signature Series Stainless Razor!

Hi guys:

I've had the Basic HB since forever, and have also gotten the Sport,
and I love'em both... but I've been lusting after the Stainless Signature Series S4 ever since it
came out....

I want to buy a NEW/MINT/CHERRY HeadBlade S4 in NEW/MINT/CHERRY
condition.

If USED, then ONLY in MINT/CHERRY condition! No rust, grunge, or
crud... please.

If you have a nice HB S4 4-Sale Please send pvt e-mail to me directly,
your contact info, HeadBlade's condition and your asking price.

Thanks in advance!

Tony
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
Welcome Tony!  Hopefully someone around here will have one to sell you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »
Welcome to the group, Tony!  Have you check ebay yet?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Brad

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
Just got my New Headblade sport in the mail after wait anxiously all week.  Been using the classic for years.  Cant wait to give it a try.    will post back my thoughts after I use it.

Post Shower and Shave.  OMG....I may have been Sly Before... Now I am Extremely Fly  @c3.

Now I do have to admit I have never used Headslick,  Nor have I ever replace the tensioner on my headbalde. And I have been a very happy  8) guy. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:43:09 PM by Brad »

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 09:09:28 PM »
I have to say that I am a confirmed HeadBlade Company endorser.  I love all the products that I have bought from them.  I used to use Kiss My Face Shaving lotion.  But I  have to say that HeadSlick is even better than Kiss My Face.  However, if I can't find HeadSlick, I still will opt for Kiss My Face as it is still way better than gel type shaving creams.

Recently, I posted about nicks and cuts.  But I am wondering if HeadBlade has ever thought of a products especially for nicks and cuts on the head?

RoachX

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »
I'm very interested in trying out some headblade stuff especially some of the lotions. Does anyone know if i can pick up the stuff locally in Toronto. Or is the website/ebay my only choice?

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007, 12:11:30 PM »
First of all, welcome RoachX. I think the best person to field that question would be Tom, The Original Canadian HeadBlader. He should be on later this afternoon. I know here in my city I can find some of the stuff at Wal-Mart, Walgreens and Sally Beauty Supply.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »
Welcome RoachX!  Hopefully one or two of our friends to the north will get on today to let you know where they get their HB stuff.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
I'm a HeadBlader now but I've been using the Atra blades from the local store.  I notice they tend to "gunk up" a little as I shave.  Sometimes I find myself having to rub my fingers over the blade or tapping the blade on the sink to knock the hair out.  I was thinking of ordering the HB double blades or even going for the triples. Even though they seem a little on the pricey side.  Anyway, is there anyone out there that can tell me if the HB blades or definitely worth my investment vs. the Atras?  Also, if I am going to invest in the HB's, are the triples definitely better than the doubles?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:07:06 AM by Lance »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 01:57:30 PM »
Welcome Roach!!!.....our Canadian constituancy can answer that question for ya....

Peace!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
Welcome RoachX, glad you're with us.  I too, defer to our brethren north of the boarder. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 04:22:54 PM »
I'm very interested in trying out some headblade stuff especially some of the lotions. Does anyone know if i can pick up the stuff locally in Toronto. Or is the website/ebay my only choice?
Yes you can, you can find HeadBlade products at Shoppers Drugmart and Zellers stores, currently they both only carry the HeadBlade razor "clasic" Head Slick and Head Lube "Matte", but if you email Mac at mac@headblade.com he will send you an adaptor fot the HeadBlade razor to use the gillette sensor blades, just incase you don't like the gillette atra blades, that comes with the HeadBlade razor. Also the cheaper Shoppers "life" brand blades also fit the HeadBlade.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:21:46 AM by The Original Canadian HeadBlader! »
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader