Author Topic: wierd red birth mark  (Read 3247 times)

Offline kuper1869

• Sly Guy in Training
wierd red birth mark
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »
So of course I love my shaved head but I saw I have a birth mark. I thought it was razor burn but no. I guess I can live with it but I was un aware of it untill my wife pointed it out. Any ideas please let me know?

Thanks<a href="http://" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://</a>

"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: wierd red birth mark
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:37:30 AM »
I have the exact same thing, koopmeister!

When I had hair, it was a little red area that extended down from the hairline in the back.

When I shaved, my wife pointed out that the mark actually extends upward on the bean...so what I had seen for years was only the tip of the iceberg.... LOL!

I don't sweat it...I guess if someone was standing directly behind me in line or something and really stared....they'd see it.

I figure as soon as it gets a tan goin'....it will minimize the mark.

So, here's to Minimizing the Mark!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:06:29 PM »
I have one too.  Much like Rob described his mine was only slightly visible with hair covering it, but with no hair it stands proud, maybe about 1.5 in by 1 in.  I remember being a kid and my sis would give me crap about it comparing me to the Russia Pres from the 80/90s. :-[.  Now people see it and they automatically assume I knocked my nogin. ???
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline kuper1869

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 03:32:30 PM »
Thanks getting used to it. I guess we are more critical of what the beans look like compared to others. I got a in-grown hair on the back of my head that is keeping me from shaving until it heals. Any suggestions on how to speed up the healing process?
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 04:13:19 PM »
I use Neosporin for just about everything.  I imagine it would do the trick for an ingrown hair.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995