Author Topic: rookie questions  (Read 3363 times)

Offline kuper1869

• Sly Guy in Training
rookie questions
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »
Ok guys during my first week of shaving I had a few problems. The first was razor burn how do I get rid of it as quick as possible? Second ingrown hair I got one on the back of my head how do I get rid of that? I know the questions sound slly but nothing is worse then going out and having a bump on your head.

Thanks

"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: rookie questions
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
I found that the best way to get rid of razor burn was to rub some ice on it or put a cold cloth.  I'm not sure if this is medically the best way, but it seems to work for me.  As for an ingrown hair, the quick and dirty way is to use a needle and some tweezers to get it out.  If ingrown hairs become a recurring issue, you may want to get some Clearhead or TendSkin. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »
Welcome Kuper!

Before I shave I always use a hot wash cloth on my head to open the pores up...I've always shaved my face in the shower and if I dont in the shower I use a hot wash cloth on my face...it seems to work really well to avoid razor burn. 

After I shave I rinse my head with cold water and then put a lotion called "aquaphor" on my head...I'll get the mfg's name when I get home.

I hope this helps somewhat!
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 03:32:06 PM »
sorry...one more...you might want to try to use a shaving gel for sensitive skin and make sure your razor is clean and new.
Its a typical situation in these typical times...