Author Topic: Schro Probably Expedited My Liberation!!  (Read 8901 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Schro Probably Expedited My Liberation!!
« on: January 12, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
SLY BALD DUDES!!!

Thanks to Schro plugging a bug in my ear, negotiations with the wife are being revisited on new terms to our deal. 

I shared the logic of the timing of my initial plunge into slickdome as having to do with the new business venture.   Right now--for the next few weeks--we will be taking care of preliminaries and not meeting with clients. 

I would rather get the foibles and blunders of rookie dome shaving overwith--as well as get a tan up there--WELL BEFORE I start meeting with clients.  She agreed to the logic.

To keep me accountable to the fitness aspect, I proposed that--in order to keep the noggin slick--I have to go to the gym BEFORE I shave that day....be it daily, every other day, or whatever.  So the slicker I want to keep it....the more often I have to hit the gym and maintain reasonable progress toward fulfilling these last 11 lbs of the initial agreement.

Then she suddenly interjected, "Yeah, and then you can hit the tanning booth more often.".....I think her "slip" of enthusiasm with that statement even surprised her.

I think we're on to something S-L-Y!!!

Schro.....you da man!!  If/when we get together...we have to remember to do a shot or otherwise raise a toast to your S-L-Y-N-E-S-S. 8)

BaldRob

Re: Schro Probably Expedited My Liberation!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:52:29 AM »
Right on Rob!!

Are you shaving yet?????

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:03:08 AM »
SLY BALD DUDES!!!

Thanks to Schro plugging a bug in my ear, negotiations with the wife are being revisited on new terms to our deal. 

I shared the logic of the timing of my initial plunge into slickdome as having to do with the new business venture.   Right now--for the next few weeks--we will be taking care of preliminaries and not meeting with clients. 

I would rather get the foibles and blunders of rookie dome shaving overwith--as well as get a tan up there--WELL BEFORE I start meeting with clients.  She agreed to the logic.

To keep me accountable to the fitness aspect, I proposed that--in order to keep the noggin slick--I have to go to the gym BEFORE I shave that day....be it daily, every other day, or whatever.  So the slicker I want to keep it....the more often I have to hit the gym and maintain reasonable progress toward fulfilling these last 11 lbs of the initial agreement.

Then she suddenly interjected, "Yeah, and then you can hit the tanning booth more often.".....I think her "slip" of enthusiasm with that statement even surprised her.

I think we're on to something S-L-Y!!!

Schro.....you da man!!  If/when we get together...we have to remember to do a shot or otherwise raise a toast to your S-L-Y-N-E-S-S. 8)

you need to close this deal and shave today.   
bald for life

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:09:27 AM »
Glad I could be of service!!

I tell ya, shaving my dome has been a liberating experience. As I've only been SLY since 1/1/07, I look back and realize I have only worn a hat once since the New Year, and that was on a run to prevent sweat from going in my eyes (I friggin' hate that). Recently, I've my running has been on a treadmill (too cold), so I can use a towel to keep the sweat off. Yet, prior to 1/1/07, I would STILL wear a hat on a treadmill. Yesterday, I went out & played golf (shot a smooth little 75), and I always wear a hat when I tee it up. You guessed it, I went hatless (but did lather up the SPF30). I am truly loving the SLY look and feel so much better about my appearance.

Tomorrow morning, I'm heading up the coast to Bandon Dunes for a dude's golf getaway. The weather is supposed to be outstanding, with no rain in the forecast (a regular occurrance during January)! By choice, I am planning on going hat free. In fact, this group always uses nicknames. I told them to call me Schrojak. I planning on having a lollipop with me at all times off the golf course (stir straw for my Ketel One).

Robmeister, glad to hear my words helped.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:54:35 AM »
Way to go Rob!  Look forward to seeing a picture of your actual dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:05:14 AM »
Well the deal is sealed!!!  The wifey-poo is a good sport....but then again...so am I.

Today she's picking up a Fusion or Mach 3 and some Oil of Olay - Touch of Sun. 

The only thing keeping me from doing it today is that I play the drums tomorrow night at our church and I want a chance to get used to slickdome myself before I thrust it upon my adoring public.

I can say, with a fair degree of certainty that I will be posting the new slick pic tomorrow night sometime after service. ;D ;D

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »
Beautiful........

Can't wait for the new look.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 10:26:58 AM »
Well the deal is sealed!!!  The wifey-poo is a good sport....but then again...so am I.

Today she's picking up a Fusion or Mach 3 and some Oil of Olay - Touch of Sun. 

The only thing keeping me from doing it today is that I play the drums tomorrow night at our church and I want a chance to get used to slickdome myself before I thrust it upon my adoring public.

I can say, with a fair degree of certainty that I will be posting the new slick pic tomorrow night sometime after service. ;D ;D

cool, but honestly, wouldn't you get more fun shocking everyone at the church tommorrow?  You have today to get used to it, tommorrow to shock all your friends :).
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 10:45:02 AM »
cool, but honestly, wouldn't you get more fun shocking everyone at the church tommorrow?  You have today to get used to it, tommorrow to shock all your friends :).

Honestly?....no

I'm not the DIG ME, Marylin Manson, Shock Jock, In-Yo-Face type a guy.  Especially at church.  I want to take some time to get the dome lookin' nice...see how much of the pale shadow I can mitigate.

***I'll leave it at that***
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:09:37 AM by Robmeister »

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 10:47:14 AM »
I'm proud to say I had NOTHING to do with THAT!

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:20 AM »

Honestly?....no

I'm not the DIG ME, Marylin Manson, Shock Jock, In-Yo-Face type a guy.  Especially at church.  I want to take some time to get the dome lookin' nice...see how much of the pale shadow I can mitigate.

If I wanted to go to church and SHOCK everyone there are many other ways I could have already done that.....like showing up for sound check in KISS makeup, butt-less leather chaps and a **** ring. ;)

Different strokes for different folks.   I'm not a shock people person either, but it was great when somebody at my church who I've known since I joined 3 years ago or so saw me weeks after I had done it and grown out the beard, and she said she didn't recognize me.   

As far as the pale shadow, just don't let it bother you and it will go away with tanning or being out in the sun, whatever you choose.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 01:05:31 PM by BaldRob »
bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »
If I wanted to go to church and SHOCK everyone there are many other ways I could have already done that.....like showing up for sound check in KISS makeup, butt-less leather chaps and a **** ring. ;)

Ok... NOT a picture that I needed or wanted!  :o ??? :o >:(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 01:05:04 PM by BaldRob »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
Different strokes for different folks.   I'm not a shock people person either

I'm with ya, David....I suspect you didn't mean that.

I actually DID dabble in shock value there....pushed the envelope a bit too much.....hence the edit for the sake of newcomers and lay-days.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:16:07 AM »
Different strokes for different folks.   I'm not a shock people person either

I'm with ya, David....I suspect you didn't mean that.

I actually DID dabble in shock value there....pushed the envelope a bit too much.....hence the edit for the sake of newcomers and lay-days.

Yeah it was a little over the top I think.  lmao, sorry.
bald for life

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:46:31 AM »
Is it me or did my office computer content filter just scream at me "DISCONNECT FROM SLY BALD GUYS IMMEDIATELY"? 

Holy Moley.....I think it must have been the KISS reference....
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Enter your email address: