Author Topic: Question for Head Blade users  (Read 21791 times)

BaldRob

Re: Question for Head Blade users
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:45:47 AM »
To the best of my knowledge the only place to get their Triple Blades is on the headblade website.  I ordered some and they are a very good blade.  My only issue with them is the cost... 17 bucks for 8 blades when the Gillette Atra Plus works just as well and you get 10 blades (from your local store AND no shipping) for about 11 bucks...

Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Offline jseger11

• Sly Guy in Training
    • http://www.myspace.com/jeff52574
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 08:17:13 AM »
I have had pretty good success with Headblade Sport. It's only been a month now that I have been shaving. I finish the shave with a disposable BIC Comfort Twin just for added smoothness and that seems to work great for me.

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »
HEADBLADE TRIPLE blades are only sold at the online store for now.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »
HEADBLADE TRIPLE blades are only sold at the online store for now.

Thanks for clearing that up JB!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

chadoweasel

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 06:15:15 PM »
I finally decided to give my HB another shot. While I love the HeadSlick cream, I didnt have the best experience with the HB itself. I am using the original, not the sport..btw. The first few strokes as the HB was easily gliding across my skull, I was thinking...."Man, why havent I been using this all this time?". It was working like a dream, and shaving perfectly. It was when I had to deal with getting the hair unclogged from the blades that I remembered why I stopped using it. After a few minutes of shaking, tapping....kinda, running water on it and finally swearing, it was back on the shelf and the Fusion was back out finishing the job. Didnt work as well, but at least I could functionally use it.

I realize the issue I have with the HB is 100% the lack of ease getting the clogged hair out of the blades. Its so small there is no way to 'tap' it out like I do with a standard razor. I really have a hard time understanding why everyone likes it so much. Its as if they arent having the blade clogging problem I have.

Please, if there is a HB representative around here or someone that knows how to solve this problem, send me a PM or post on here.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 06:29:01 PM »
weasel, i shave in the shower and it usually has enough pressure to clear the hair. i shave everyday though. that might help since the hair is so short when i shave. try that and let me know. there is a thread about prolonging the life of razors that might give you some hints. good luck.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 07:36:10 PM »
I finally decided to give my HB another shot. While I love the HeadSlick cream, I didnt have the best experience with the HB itself. I am using the original, not the sport..btw. The first few strokes as the HB was easily gliding across my skull, I was thinking...."Man, why havent I been using this all this time?". It was working like a dream, and shaving perfectly. It was when I had to deal with getting the hair unclogged from the blades that I remembered why I stopped using it. After a few minutes of shaking, tapping....kinda, running water on it and finally swearing, it was back on the shelf and the Fusion was back out finishing the job. Didnt work as well, but at least I could functionally use it.

I realize the issue I have with the HB is 100% the lack of ease getting the clogged hair out of the blades. Its so small there is no way to 'tap' it out like I do with a standard razor. I really have a hard time understanding why everyone likes it so much. Its as if they arent having the blade clogging problem I have.

Please, if there is a HB representative around here or someone that knows how to solve this problem, send me a PM or post on here.

I agree the fusion is much easier to unclogg than the blades for the HeadBlade, or any other razor for that matter.  I also shave in the shower and have a showerhead that can be removed from the wall so its easy for me to blast the hair out of the the razor blades.

JB is the HeadBlade rep that floats around here and may have some suggestions for you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »
An old toothbrush works wonders for clearing the blades.  I suppose it also depends on how frequently you shave, and how thick the hair is.  I generally use the toothbrush a couple times during the shave.

Offline Bald By Choice

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
Head Blade Sport rocks! The wheel and the cushioned blade make it glide really easy!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2006, 08:46:54 AM »
I found that water pressure makes all the difference in the world when trying to clear the hair from the blades. For example, we were visiting some friends and they had set up their fifth wheel for us to stay in, SERIOUS lack of water pressure in those babies. That's the only time I've ever really had a problem rinsing the hair out. As long as the water is good and warm too, that will make a difference.

Hope this helsps Weasel
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2006, 09:27:52 AM »
I shave in the shower, and have no problems cleaning out the atra blades I use.  The triple blade I did have, it clogged up easily.  I also shave daily.

On extending the life of the blade, I use cryo'ed atra blades from greatrazors.com.  I also use the razormax storage system.  Where an ordinary atra blade would last me about 3-4 days, I've extended them up to approx. 2 weeks + now.  Storing your blades in mineral oil will help, it will keep the moisture away from the blades that causes corrosion and dulling, but IMO it doesn't keep the blades as clean as the razormax oil does.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »
Chad, like many others I shave in the shower where the high water pressure knocks all hair out with relative ease.  If you don’t want to shave the shower you may consider an alternative to the showers pressure like using a sprayer (although that most likely puts you in the kitchen to shave your head) or with some sink nozzles you can alter the pressure by placing a finger over it much like a garden hose.  Hope this helps.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:52 PM »
I have been going slick for over 2 years now, and have used both the headblade classic and headblade sport. I prefer headblade sport with the 3 razor blade. However I find that the triple razor dulls sooner than the atra. It might have something to do with the blade clogging up and harder to clean out.

I shave in the shower after I was my head with a neutrogena pre shave face scrub that soften hair for shaving ease. Than I lather up with Head Slick which I measure out using my index and middle finger(prior to that I either had too much or not enough). After every stroke I make sure to rinse the blade clean with the shower head. Once Finished I check to make sure I haven't missed anyspots I grab my fusion and us the single blade to get to cowlick I have in the back of my head.

My head usually stays slick for about 3 hours, and than I get a 5 o'clock shadow, and it gets rough.

When I first started using the HB I hated it, but slowly got the technique to use it to the best advantage, play around and you will love it too.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Welcome to the group, frostillicus123!  Sounds like you have a good system!  Thanks for sharing.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
Welcome frostillicus123
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt