Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623979 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2006, 06:44:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum mongo! Glad you found us here.

BBC

Blader for life!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline nolimits72

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2006, 03:12:22 PM »
I have the head blade adapter that uses the Gillette sensor and it works very well.

I like to use the Gillette Fusion to go over any spots I missed.

I hope that head blade is working on more adapters.

gearhedguy

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2006, 04:51:52 PM »
In the 10+ years that I have been shaving my dome, I have found the Schick Extreme3 disposable to work the best. The head flexes a bit so that it conforms to your skull giving a nice close shave with hardly any nicks. Plus, these razors stay sharp a very long time. I shave my head just about every other day and one of these razors will last me from 4 to 6 weeks. But I don't use the same razor to shave my face. I shave my face with a Schick ST (Slim Twin) because the head is very slim and it allows me to neatly shave around my goatee.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 04:12:31 AM »
Gearheadedguy: Hey, I use the Extreme III razors as well! They're called Wilkinson here in Europe, though. I agree, they are great razors and last a long time. They're the best disposable razors on the market, in my opinion.

But they last 4-6 weeks with you!? Wow! I usually throw them away after the third use...
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2006, 12:20:39 PM »
I have to agree with you on the liquid bandage though. One of the greatest inventions of all time. Before I found that I used Super Glue though, works just the same.
Any tips to repairing the back of the head?  Every so often I get stubborn about switching to a new razor and nick myself.  After reading these post, I was like 'hey that is a good idea, let's try that.' 
Well for the nick on the side of my head, it worked great, so far.  I got two nicks on the back of head and tried everything (feeling, using 2 mirrors, gut instinct).  All I got now is several blotches of crazy texture on the dome.  Does it come with time?
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 03:36:46 PM »
head blade. and mach 3 for the face.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 08:34:42 PM »
Has anyone tried the new Head Shed yet? Just wondering if it works or not.

BaldRob

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 08:39:26 PM »
Hey Mongo... I know that I'm one of more than a few guys here using Headshed!  Works great and the shave after using it seems to be closer than ever!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2006, 12:03:44 PM »
 :) Since I started on November 4th, I have used the Mach III Turbo, at first with Neutrogena Shave Cream (which I found weak) and now with Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel, which is thick and protective. Haven't had any bumps, nicks, or razor burn, and I go in very close--daily--as I want to maintain the adamant bald look and keep stubble in its place; that is, invisible and untouchable. To any beginner, I would caution: do not rush; your fingers, not eyes, can tell you where the velcro areas persist. Welcome aboard, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline kimchihead

• The Kimchihead
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2006, 05:46:52 PM »
I use the HeadBlade. I used to go to the barber shop, but man that really adds up.

I do get the occasional nick or scratch, but overall it's the best thing I've discovered all year!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2006, 06:01:31 PM »
Awesome! Welcome to the site kimchihead!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
I just got the Head Blade sport and man what a difference those two little wheels make. Kudos agian to the Head Blade Team

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2006, 07:02:50 AM »
OK, I'm gettin a HB Sport and HeadShed for Christmas...that's all there is to it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2006, 04:39:24 PM »
I am tellin you the HB sport is awesome for me I am glad I got it now to get me some Headshed

Offline FUZZY

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2006, 01:32:13 AM »
Currently I use the Fusion but I am thinking aboutmaking the switch to the HB Primarily because the old lady is a razor thief and doesn't change the blades EVER!!!! I've experienced many a shorn skull at the expense of an over worked blade. Also for those who do exfoliate the dome I have found that St. Ives Apricot scrub is a very good and affordable exfoliant. Thanks also for the myspace add.