Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623796 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »
Headblade all the way!  While back did the electric Braun, but it wore out so quick.   :-[  Did the Mach 3 for a long time, but I wanted something else -- something faster and cheaper.  When I first started with the Headblade it did not start so well.  However, I followed their website, gave it about a week, and became use to the technique.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 09:07:27 AM »
I was a Mach 3 man myself...still shave my face with it but switched to a Headblade last year...I also looked like Edward Scissorhands the first three times I used it but did the same thing...was patient...Now its my headshaver of choice.  I just got a Signature Series model and the wheel in the back makes it work much better....

Headblade just announced that they are introducing the Sport model which will have the wheel and I will probably get one of those for my travel bag....Wouldn't want to leave my S4 in a hotel.
MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline HEADBLADE@MYSPACE

• Sly Jr.
  • www.myspace.com/headblade
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
that's another advantage of HEADBLADE over the other guys- the replacement blades! i can score a pack of generic altras @! walmart for about4 bucks. thats 10-12 blades for 4 bucks. and the thing is, they work just as well as when i used the mach 3 way back in the day!

Welcome Chuck!!

I'm curious, how often do you have to replace your blades when using the headblade?  I've been thinking about trying it out.

Anyhow, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the HeadBlade! I tried one for the first time about a month ago, and I'm totally sold, plus thay've got a really good have cream.

http://www.headblade.com
Chuck

KrasH

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »
I am also a former Mach III user that has turned to a HEADBLADE user, I love mine, I find it faster and easier to use than a traditional stick razor.

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 10:10:20 AM »
Gillette Fusion. I tried the Head Blade a few times, but I kept cutting the sh*t out myself. Luckily that led to the discovery of "liquid bandages" which I now swear by for all my gaping wounds.

I use an electric for my face, but in never seems to give me smoothness on my skull that the bladed razors do.

Note: I don't want to take anything away from the HeadBlade itself. I love the design of the thing and love their shaving lotion. I am just a mechanically inept boob who doesn't have the attention span to give something more than two or three tries. That's probably why Mrs. Luethor is so unsatisfied.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:18:50 PM by Lex Luethor »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 04:50:21 PM »
One of the most important things to remember when using the HeadBlade is not to apply a lot of pressure. I still make that mistake from time to time.

I have to agree with you on the liquid bandage though. One of the greatest inventions of all time. Before I found that I used Super Glue though, works just the same.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline BaldWriter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
I've used the HeadBlade for two years now and it's great. For the past two weeks, I've been using their new triple-blade system -- closest shave ever! I also use their exfoliatant before shaving and HeadSlick to shave with. I use a Fusion on my face and then use it touch up around the ears.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 05:44:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum BaldWriter! Thanks for your response. Glad you joined us here.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Lothartheterrible

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 07:12:20 AM »
Can't beat the Headblade.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 07:24:11 AM »
Thanks for joining us Lothartheterrible!!! Glad to see another fellow HeadBlader join our ranks.

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 08:48:54 AM »
Another Headblade user note: Always move the blade in a direct forward motion...any side to side movement can result into the blade giving you a pretty good cut....

I just try to concentrate in always traveling in a straight line no matter what angle I shaving. 

I think you will find that the Headblade Sport will actually track better with the wheels.  I just got a Signature Series and it is superior to the very good orginal headblade design.  I understand the Sport has the same feel just in a more affordable price.

MC HammerHead
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »
...any side to side movement can result into the blade giving you a pretty good cut....

I just try to concentrate in always traveling in a straight line no matter what angle I shaving. 

I completely agree!  When I first started using HeadBlade I kept letting the blade “crab walk,” and it was bad for the first few shaves.  Pay close attention around the back of head and ears that is where I have the most difficulty shaving.  In fact, I still use my Mach 3for the area around the ears every so often.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 04:13:01 PM »
I have a question...

My HB-Sport came with a Gillette Sensor adaptor.  Has anyone used and how are the Sensor blades with the HB??

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2006, 08:21:54 PM »
I started out with the Mach 3 and then I tried the Head Blade and I have not looked back. The HB is for me the best shave I have ever experienced and I can't wait to try the triple blade adapter

Offline MC HammerHead

• Sly
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 10:23:44 PM »
I guess my new profile pic pretty much says it all.....

Headblader for Life. 
MC HammerHead
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team