Author Topic: Direction  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
Direction
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:13:56 AM »
Hey.

OK.  I recently started wet shaving my head (I suppose Ive done it 6-10 times).  There is one thing I dont seem to get right though.  Which direction to shave it!  Do you go with the grain, against the grain or across the grain (side to side)?  I tend to go across the grain on the back and sides (because it seems quicker) and with the grain on the top - I often end up making what I can only describe as a mess of the back of my head, and Im wondering what Im doing wrong.

Cheers for any info, guys

Feenix

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Direction
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »
Once your scalp gets used to being shaved, you can get the closest shave by going against the grain.

I go against the grain, then across the grain. I usually shave everyday because I don't like feeling the stubble, but shaving every 2nd or 3rd day seems to get the best results.

I was just under the weather for a few days, so I hadn't shaved for 4 days, and got probably the best BBS shave ever.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:13:03 AM »
So its more about getting used to it?  That makes sense.  :)

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »
This is an excellent question.  The best results for me have been against the grain.  I might even give the front an extra swipe across the grain but it's usually taken care of.  I find that I need to give the back of my head a swipe with my hand to ensure I got everything.  If not, another pass or two will do it.  At least for me.  As pharmaceutical companies like to say "Your results may differ".  Good luck.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »
Been shaving for years - I shave mostly against the grain.  There are some areas where i have to go over in several directions to get it smooth by feel.  I want no stubble.  shave daily. 

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »
Cheers, bennet11.  :)

Enter your email address: