Author Topic: Fathers and Sons  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Fathers and Sons
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:10:45 AM »
Are any of you guys Dads of teenage or younger boys?

I just finished my training at Barber School.  One of my regular customers is a guy in his 30's with two sons; one in sixth grade and one in fourth or fifth.  My customer gets a high and Tight Flattop with razor shaved back and sides.  He orders up the same for his boys.   The  first time I clarified with the Dad that he really did want me to shave the back and sides of the kids' heads.  He was very sure about it.  I even asked the sixth grader if he really liked me to do that - he was very sure about it.  The Fourth Grader doesn't mind the shaved back and sides but he does NOT like the Flat Top, (so I rounded it off for him a little).

Do any of you guys have young  sons and do they wear their hair like you do, (or would they do  so if their Mom's let them)?

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: Fathers and Sons
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:06:32 PM »
Mum always cut my hair growing up and until I left home, and she has cut my father's hair for over 35 years. She managed to emulate different styles that were the fashion that me and my brother asked for, some got toned back a bit to be more conservative, but we were free to ask for what we wanted
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:43 PM »
I never went to a barber until I was in college.

Mom always used clippers. Haircuts were ok.  Now that I look back at some of the photos, I wonder.  LOL.  Guess I was not fashion conscious at that time.

My wife cut my hair once or twice, but she would take 90 minutes .. Oh, I found another one.  Oh, and another.  And another ... and on it would go.

I remember the  comment a gentleman said to Roger, the barber in Alaska.  "Roger, I only want a TRIM today. I don't have time to listen to a full haircut!" Roger would never stop talking!  His haircuts took a long time, too!

I've been doing my own hair since I went to the buzz, and now shaving my head.  Guess it's been  8 or more years of doing my own.

I think mother did Daddy's hair, too. I never remember him going to the barber. He has short hair, but not a buzz by any means.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »
Does it count for a son to post about his father?

My dad has been bald for about 30 years, and I'm 21 and just joined the ranks of twinhood with him a few weeks ago. We love it, we are a very close father and son and we love matching and going in public with the same style!

Enter your email address: