Author Topic: Can electric rotary shavers give stubble look?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Can electric rotary shavers give stubble look?
« on: September 27, 2016, 10:05:05 PM »
I tried shaving my head for the first time with Wahl clippers and my Panasonic Arc5 foil shaver and there is an area on the back of my head that I can't get even using a mirror after 30 mins of shaving.  I don't like the Wahl Senior clippers because it's heavy and corded and the arc5 shaves too close almost like a razor.

I am thinking of getting a rotary shaver for this. Any recommendations?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Can electric rotary shavers give stubble look?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:45 AM »
I have one of those Norelco beard trimmers with several attachments. It will cut your hair to about 3 days growth. It was cheap($15) and work great.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: Can electric rotary shavers give stubble look?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »
I've found my rotary shaver gives me a sly look but not feel.  If you want visible stubble but still basically no hair I would suggest a clipper with no guard (I have a wahl that works great, sorry to hear about your issues with yours) but try flipping it upside down  and coming at your head at a 90degree angle, if you are careful you won't cut yourself. Or another option is what  reddog said, the 'ol beard'n'ball trimmer (as I call it).  It's easier to use in the head and usually takes you a touch closer then typical clippers. 

If you decided to go rotary then get a cheap one to try first.  Some people have terrible irritation from these and will drop $100+ to only throw it away a week later when their head looks like they stuck it in a beehive.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air