Author Topic: Have you ever deviated from your normal shaving routine?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Vince

• Sly Jr.
Have you ever deviated from your normal shaving routine?
« on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:15 AM »
Normally I soak my head in the hottest water I can stand before lathering up.  Yesterday I was rushing and skipped that step.

Omg, why did I do that?  Firstly, applying the gel did not go nearly as smooth as it normally does and was really thick.  Then trying to shave was difficult and I even felt razor burn for the first time.  My razor was having a hard time cutting.  About 1/3 way through my shave I stopped because I was having a horrible experience.  So I rinsed off the gel and soaked my head in hot water for about a minute like I normally do.

Ahhhhh yes.  Applied my gel and shaved my head with no problems.  I learned about soaking my head first from a youtube video and just obeyed, but I never knew why.

Now I know why.  Lol!  ;D

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Have you ever deviated from your normal shaving routine?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 06:47:28 AM »
Mistakes are how we learn.

Offline Nude Nut

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
Only when I get lazy and I get frustrated that I have not shaved for 3 days.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:02:41 AM by Nude Nut »

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 04:21:29 AM »
I had tremendous success with a major routine deviation yesterday! My entire life I have always shaved either before shower (when using de) or during shower (when using head blade) however yesterday I decided to shave post shower with one of my more aggressive DEs and a very sharp blade.  A combo that typically would leave my skin very uncomfortable.  Well let me tell you... That was great.  Very smooth and almost  no irritation. 
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air