Author Topic: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?  (Read 175607 times)

Offline fleetster

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
Been using ATX for a couple of weeks now, is there a blade other than the 4 or 6 that will fit without an adapter?

Thanks

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
You can use any adapter that HeadBlade makes on the ATX. I use the yellow adapter with HeadBlade triples on my ATX.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kleck

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
As notquitethere posted, Dollar Shave Club x4 blades will work on the ATX if you pop off the adapter and insert the ATX adapter.

If you want to get the cartridges for even cheaper than what Dollar Shave Club sells them for, buy them from Dorco.  Dorco makes the handles and cartridges for Dollar Shave Club (DSC x4 = Dorco Pace 4).  All DSC does is repack and name them.  Same for HeadBlade.  The Cartridges are identical.  HB4 = Pace 4, HB6 = Pace 6.

If you purchase from Dorco, use the following link for 20% off.  http://dorcousa.refr.cc/L4H6KDJ  

I just used it the other day and got a Pace 4 handle (comes with 2 blades) and a 24 pack of Pace 4 blades for under $27 shipped.  Just over $1 per blade and I can use the same blades on my face and touch up around my head.  Exactly what I was looking for since I recently started using HeadBlade ATX (which is awesome).

Nice site you have here.  I found the Dorco deal and notquitethere's post from a Google search and figured I'd register and pass the deal on to my bald brothers. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:21:04 PM by Kleck »

Offline dave999dave

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »
Somewhere on this thread someone asked about using Bumpfighter blades with the Headblade razor. Can you do it? I think the answer was listed as no.

Anyhow, I found out by accident recently that it is possible. I was traveling and the blade for one of my disposable bumpfighters fell off the handle. I attached it to the headblade easily (Yellow adapter for headblade ATX). It fit perfectly. The shave I got was poor overall. I found that the blade seemed to apply little or no pressure to my head and it felt like it was bouncing.

I've experimented some more since then and I can easily replicate this. But each time the shave I have gotten is poor. It just emphasized to me that I'm not using the products as designed.

For me personally the best shave I get is with the Atra Plus. I just bought 100 Persona Twin pivot blades for $21. They seem to be not as good as the atra plus, but only slightly so. For 21 cents a blade how much can I complain really.

Just a thought.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 08:09:53 AM »
I use dorco pace 4 on my atx.  They are the same as the hb4s but a fraction of the cost.  You just have to remove the dorco universal adapter with a pair of tweezers. I get the pace 4 carts for less then a buck a piece with free shipping so I don't mind 10 secs of work before attaching a new cart.  The dorco/dsc blades fit the yellow adapter on the sport as well (which does fit on the atx btw) but I got a very poor shave compared to the hb4/dorco pace 4s.  Actually all dorco blades from the pace 3 through the pace 6 all for the standard atx adapter if you remove Dorco's adapter from the back first.  I love and will support headblade for the atx itself and headslick (love that stuff) but I'll keep buying my blades straight from dorco.  They send me monthly emails with coupons and shipping is always free over $10 order.

*i am not employed or affiliated with dorco.  I am just very frugal and hate to see everyone spending so much on hb4s or hb6s
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline LFJ

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:00 AM »
Snagged a Moto from Walgreen's on my way out of the U.S.. They didn't have any extra blades in stock, though. Now I'm wondering what other blades I can snap on the Moto, and/or if I might need an adapter of some sort.

Anyone got the facts on this model? Thanks!

Offline 7amo0od_Spicy

« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2017, 01:06:59 AM »
Dear All

Good morning

As I'm doing my PHD in college i have an final project which are including a survey. please could you fill the survey. thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLRN592

Offline Mav

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2018, 12:53:07 AM »
Does anyone know if the sport, Moto and ATX HB's have different adapters? I've purchased a few Dorco pace 4's as my HB triple gave me a nasty bite. But after removing the Dorco adapter from the cartridge I can't figure out how it would attach it either the yellow or black adapters I have with my HB sport?

Any help would be appreciated folks.

Cheers

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »
Does anyone know if the sport, Moto and ATX HB's have different adapters? I've purchased a few Dorco pace 4's as my HB triple gave me a nasty bite. But after removing the Dorco adapter from the cartridge I can't figure out how it would attach it either the yellow or black adapters I have with my HB sport?

Cheers

@Mav I haven't tried the 4 blade cartridges from Dorco, but the 3 & 2 blade will work with the yellow cartridge.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Rick S.

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2018, 12:05:49 PM »
I bought Atra Plus Generic Blades BULK Packaging - 100 Cartridges Fits Gillette Razor from ebay for $14.00 and a handle for $5.50
 I thought these blades fit the yellow adaptor, but I can't get them to fit on the yellow or black ones.  I used the handle and blade and it's a nice close shave. Can't beat the price, just wish it would go on the headblade..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atra-Plus-Generic-Blades-BULK-Packaging-100-Cartridges-Fits-Gillette-Razor/322459253422?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline Mav

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2018, 05:43:09 PM »
They fit the ATX, I know as I bought the ATX to get use of them. I don't like the ATX at all however I find it misses often but I'm now scared of my sport and 3 blade cartridges in general.

I've gone back to using my Gillette Fusion proglide with damn expensive cartridges. I bought a bunch of non branded ones but they were nasty so have shelled out for the actual ones again, costly but best shave I've had and less worry about catching myself.

Cheers

@Mav I haven't tried the 4 blade cartridges from Dorco, but the 3 & 2 blade will work with the yellow cartridge.

Offline edglazer

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2018, 08:20:45 PM »
I'm not sure if something changed, or if I bought the wrong cartridges, but this thread was super helpful and I wanted to contribute my experience using the:
  • Headblade Moto, and
  • Dorco Pace 6 Plus cartridges, with
  • The Headblade HB3 Adaptor
The Dorco cartridges didn't fit on the adaptor that comes with the Headblade Moto (or at least I couldn't figure it out), and there is no universal adaptor on the Dorco cartridges, themselves (they're really flat). The Pace 6 Plus cartridges fit on the HB3 Adaptor (yellow one), but it doesn't sit right. Again, I might be the problem here, but the cartridge/blade just flops around. I can still use the HB, but I have to kind of hold my finger on the cartridge while I'm drawing the HB against my scalp.

I guess I'm wondering if I'm messing something up, and if someone else has used this combo perfectly fine. Or, failing that, to let people know that either something changed between the Dorco cartridges, the HB Moto design (vs. the ATX I guess?), or the way the adaptors fit in between.

Cool community, and thanks for all the info!

Offline boldbald

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
What this thread needs is links, links to compatible blades and their respective adaptor. It's way too confusing without proper links, specially for Europeans.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
What this thread needs is links, links to compatible blades and their respective adaptor. It's way too confusing without proper links, specially for Europeans.

I created a new thread that is more clear. Here it is: https://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=28793.msg376306#msg376306