Author Topic: Relation between Adderall and hair loss  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Muskies28

• Learning the way of Sly
Relation between Adderall and hair loss
« on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:02 AM »
So after thinking back for awhile I realized that once I started taking Adderall my senior year to help me stay awake in class is the same time my hair loss began.  Im not prescribed but have taken it the last year and a half to help with school and work.  My hair falls out extremely more when I'm on it and since I am only 19 I feel like adderall is the reason.  Anyone know if this is possible,  or if hair will grow back if I stop taking it?

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Relation between Adderall and hair loss
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »
I am not going to comment on whether you should be taking that drug without a doctor's prescription.

Loss of hair is a listed side effect of Adderall, but you also are at an age when a lot of guys begin losing their hair. What you are experiencing may have little to nothing to do with the drug.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
In my opinion, you shouldn't be taking anything that requires a prescription that a Dr has not prescribed to you. Hair loss or no hair loss.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 01:42:23 AM »
I'd chat with your doctor to find out why you're not sleeping and get that fixed.  You could be having breathing issues at night.  If you get this corrected you'll likely get your energy back and find out if Adderall is causing the hairloss.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.