Author Topic: Pros and Cons of being bald  (Read 76257 times)

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
Re: Pros and Cons of being bald
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
Pros.

Confidence, confidence and even more confidence.

It's a clean cut look that woman (and men) do find appealing.

Cons

I'm slightly thinning but still what I'd class as BBC so it takes a while to shave it all off.

The amount of sweat that runs intoy eyes when out running but no wayvam I wearing a headband! lol

Offline sunleth

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »
Pros:
- if you have curly, greasy, very hard to style hair, shaving it all of can be a liberating experience
- less maintenance in the morning of before going out

cons:
- on most of you guys, it looks horrible and repulsive. don't believe what most of these bald crusaders are saying here. looking good while being bald means: you have the right head shape. stop kidding yourself, unless you have a perfectly round head without any dents or other funny shapes, you mostly will be tolerated but not very much appreciated anywhere. the next thing is facial features such as a beard (stubble rox), strong chin etc.
- if you are fat and don't work out, you are screwed. hit the gym, change your dient and look like a fucking man and not some obnoxious slob
- women. no matter what you hear from women, the really hot ones would rather burn in boiling oil than having to settle for a bald guy if they have a choice. usually, women settling for bald guys are the ones that can't really have high demands themselves. think about it, you know it's true ;)
- if you are in your early or mid-20s, YOU WILL BE EXCLUDED. being bald in such a young age does not only look incredibly repulsive, it even looks sick and not right. believe me, i've been through that and with a balding head, going for really hot women is a pointless exercise. you know why? imagine you were one of them. it changes your way if viewing things
- career. i dont care how much studies there exist that tell that bald guys look more "dominant" or stuff like that. fact is, when you work in an environment where performance pays off, guys with a more youthful look (full head of hair) will always be the first choice when deciding who gets promoted.
- if you are short (like 5'6" or shorter), being bald wont get you anything. neither women nor any noteworthy career achievements. you are simply screwed unless you go for hair replacement
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:41:04 PM by sunleth »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
Pros:
- if you have curly, greasy, very hard to style hair, shaving it all of can be a liberating experience

cons:
- on most of you guys, it looks horrible and repulsive. don't believe what most of these bald crusaders are saying here. looking good while being bald means: you have the right head shape. stop kidding yourself, unless you have a perfectly round head without any dents or other funny shapes, you mostly will be tolerated but not very much appreciated anywhere. the next thing is facial features such as a beard (stubble rox), strong chin etc.
- if you are fat and don't work out, you are screwed. hit the gym, change your dient and look like a fucking man and not some obnoxious slob
- women. no matter what you hear from women, the really hot ones would rather burn in boiling oil than having to settle for a bald guy if they have a choice. usually, women settling for bald guys are the ones that can't really have high demands themselves. think about it, you know it's true ;)
- if you are in your early or mid-20s, YOU WILL BE EXCLUDED. being bald in such a young age does not only look incredibly repulsive, it even looks sick and not right. believe me, i've been through that and with a balding head, going for really hot women is a pointless exercise. you know why? imagine you were one of them. it changes your way if viewing things
- career. i dont care how much studies there exist that tell that bald guys look more "dominant" or stuff like that. fact is, when you work in an environment where performance pays off, guys with a more youthful look (full head of hair) will always be the first choice when deciding who gets promoted.
- if you are short (like 5'6" or shorter), being bald wont get you anything. neither women nor any noteworthy career achievements. you are simply screwed unless you go for hair replacement
Sir, we respect all opinions.....however, for future reference, you need to clean the language up, or further adverse action will be taken. Have a good day.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline sunleth

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2014, 07:16:53 PM »
Pros:

cons:
Sir, we respect all opinions.....however, for future reference, you need to clean the language up, or further adverse action will be taken. Have a good day.

Hi Sir Harry. I appreciate your comment on that and please believe me that my tone of language is not meant to be offensive in any way. Rather the opposite is the case. It's meant to attract attention in a positive way. Because most guys in my age are somehow "stuck". They accept any path that has the least resistance (e.g. going sly). But I'm not here to tell everyone that going sly sucks or that it is bad but rather that there are other options. If I'm not allowed to do so, that would run counter to this board's philosophy.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
Sunleth, thanks for the response. I also want to apologize for accusing you of trolling in the other thread. I can see that it looks like you tried the sly look and for whatever reason it didn't work out for you. Nothing wrong with that. We welcome different opinions anytime. Just try to keep it clean. So what are you doing about your hair loss now?

Offline sunleth

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
no offense taken, Sir Harry.

Well, to be honest, the Sly look worked out very well for me. I have a very good head shape, dark skin tone and very thick, dark hair with an "aggressive" hairline that makes this sly look incredibly aweome. I really really loved the sly look! But only when there was a visible hairline. By the time it was gone, i felt less comfortable with it. Not because of the hairloss issue itself, but rather because I have a slightly different point of view when it comes to aesthetics. I was under the impression that the more hair was gone on top, the worse the whole picture looked when taking the rest of my stature into account. my experience is that, the taller and fitter you are, the better the sly looks suits you.

i'm 26 now and the hair on top is almost completely gone. i worked out, but in the end it didnt really work out so i tried this hairpiece. unlike some of the people here, i don't feel like a "slave" to it because i embraced my baldness a long time ago. i dont try to hide it with a hairpiece. i tell everyone that it's fake hair and admit that i'm balding underneath it. but still, i find myself a lot more attractive with the hair than without. and that has nothing to do with the fact that i'm trying to deny it. i just think it suits me better than the bald look and that's all. who knows? maybe i might go back being sly in 10 or 15 years?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:58:02 PM by sunleth »

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
Pro, it looks slightly better than a Dr. Phil

Con it still looks pretty bad.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2014, 08:30:50 PM »
Pro I hadn't considered until this  week - no problem with lice! I work in an elementary school. There has been a recent outbreak.  Everyone is itching up a storm, but not me!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
Watch your chin!

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2014, 07:56:30 AM »
I should say it looks pretty bad on me, rather

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2014, 08:10:01 AM »

Why don't you post a photo...I bet you don't look so bad.

Offline EmDe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2014, 03:43:54 AM »
Pros:

cons:

I agree that working out and things such as having a good head shape are important factors, but besides that you really state things as undeniable facts that are not always the case. In my mid-twenties I don't experience ANY exclusion, career-struggles or problems with really attractive women. And I'm very sure I won't in the future either. If you feel like that is always the case, you probably miss other great attributes and not just your hair. I'm sorry to read that you have such an extremely negative outlook on hair loss, but you really over-generalize a bit.

Pro's: No wet hair after showers or rain, no bad hair days, more masculine and clean look, standing out in group/crowd, many girls love the feel of the really short buzz, the feeling of the sun on your skin

Con's: No (or little) variation options anymore, cold in the winter, the process of thinning/balding is sh*t and takes some time.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2014, 06:54:03 AM »
All pros no cons.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »

Why don't you post a photo...I bet you don't look so bad.
I don't have one handy where I'm not wearing a hat

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2014, 10:25:51 AM »
I thought of one pro...it got me back in the gym to try and develop my shoulders and traps to try and balance out my enormous head lol