Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 251130 times)

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #540 on: February 22, 2017, 07:00:41 AM »
Yeah I like it, but if I was able to grow a full head of hair I doubt I would have ever shaved it. So I'm accepting the way things have panned out

👆 what he said. I do like the shaved head but if I had the choice of a full head of hair or sly...? I'd go with hair.

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2017, 07:20:29 AM »
I hate it but my options are limited to Dr a Evil or Dr Phil

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #542 on: April 09, 2017, 03:07:32 PM »
If I could have my hair back, without any procedures, or drugs, or any other kind of interference, then sure I would have it back.  But, since that isnt possible, I will shave it.  :)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #543 on: April 09, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline GoHabs

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #544 on: April 10, 2017, 04:26:41 AM »
I never liked my hair.  I love being sly!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #545 on: April 11, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »
I liked my full head of hair, then I shaved my head. When I attempted to grow it back numerous times, I found out I liked it shaved much more.

I think I always felt a little guilty about shaving off a nice head of silver hair, then I recently grew it out for 2 months and noticed some thinning in the front. I felt a weight was lifted off my shoulders, and now have a good reason to keep it shaved bald.

So now I tell everyone that Mother Nature started it, and I finished it! I have a whole new appreciation for sporting a shaved smooth head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #546 on: April 22, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
I never liked my hair.  I love being sly!
Me too. And I'm so glad I'll never have to deal with the gray hair phase. I always thought the receding/thinning gray hair makes guys look sickly, like 100 years old. We know the best way to avoid all that sh*t.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #547 on: May 30, 2017, 12:20:20 AM »
Other than having to shave everyday, there is nothing I dislike about being bald. I like the way if feels and looks.  It takes some getting used to at first but after being bald for several years now I have no plans of growing any hair back. My wife loves my bald head and likes to rub it,  can't get any better than that.
Larry the bald guy

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #548 on: May 31, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »
I just stopped in to my local Ace hardware and the guy that helped me with plumbing supplies was sly. I told him "nice haircut", and we had a nice discussion. He's been a daily headshaver for 15 years, and loves it. We discussed razors and shaving products. Heckuva nice guy, he had a grey goatee too, I said we could be brothers!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #549 on: June 04, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
You watch other people let their hair grow or recede or go grey. But baldness is unchanging and in my case, unnoticed. There are people who have only known me with a shaved head. A shaved head is a necessity.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #550 on: June 08, 2017, 12:46:46 PM »
As temps are into the 90's now, I'm reminded how much cooler it is having a shaved head. My head is really tanned again, and I must say, looks awesome.

If guys only knew all the pluses of sporting a shaved head, they might get the razor out.

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #551 on: June 11, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »
Yes.

Now that I have to shave my head daily I find that I shave my face daily also. I'd let this go, sometimes for weeks, but now I keep my head, face and goat trimmed and neat. Currently I have a Fu Man Chu going. I like it.

Because I am keeping my cranial appearances up I have found that I am dressing better also. This has led to purchasing clothing (shorts and t-shirts) that are fitting properly. I typically dress real baggy like beach bum casual.

Because I am dressing better I am at the gym more often. I am not losing much weight but I have certainly dropped inches off my waist and added those inches to my shoulders and arms.

Overall being sly has brought about big changes that are all very positive.

So, do I enjoy being sly ..... OH HELL YEAH !!
---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #552 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »
At this point in my life and my MPB stage, I really don't have a choice, unless I want the horse shoe fringe look. NOT A CHANCE! Being bald is better then that, any day. Yuck!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:05 AM »
It's funny... after starting to lose my hair at 16, and shaving it all off at 30... at 53, I miss having hair.

Maybe it's because I can't grow the beard of my dreams... dunno. I love the really cool, viking styles that a lot of guys are wearing. Kinda jealous... I won't be the guy with the bald head and the ponytail.

BB

Offline underorbit

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #554 on: December 07, 2017, 04:32:35 PM »
Love. It.

I shaved all my (remaining) hair off, down to the scalp, just before Thanksgiving. I've been at this for a mere three weeks, but the first time I was able to take a nap without waking up with awful bed head, I knew I'd made the right choice. My hairline is definitely receding, but that's just part of why I did it; my incredibly fine hair was always useless in terms of styling and I always looked like a mad scientist.

It looks better on me, it feels better, it's easier to take care of (though a wee bit more time-consuming in the mornings), and the reaction from friends and family has been overwhelmingly positive, although my oncology-nurse sister did think I was terminally ill before she noticed that the beard I've had since I was 20 is still here. And maybe winter in Colorado wasn't the best time of year to start this (it's been cold the last few days), but it was an "if not now, when?" sorta thing.

As with most things, it's not for everyone, but now I don't know what took me so long.