Author Topic: Lurker finally posting  (Read 4494 times)

Offline kayrahbear

• Learning the way of Sly
Lurker finally posting
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:07:15 PM »
Hey guys! I'm Kayla (not exactly a guy, but still bald!). I'm 25 and have alopecia aretea. I've lost about 50% of my hair in patchy circles all over my head and all of my eyelashes. When it first started a few years ago, I shaved what hair was left with with clippers and wore wigs. Wigs suck. They're hot, they itch, and they're expensive!

I started lurking around here a few months ago. I wanted to start shaving my head completely and stop wearing the wigs. I was really nervous. I read a ton of threads about razors, creams, and feeling confident while bald. About two months ago I went out and bought myself a headblade, some shaving cream, and gave it a try.

I love it! I shave every day and it's actually something I look forward to most mornings. So thanks fellas - this forum gave me the courage to finally rock my bald head in public.

(not giving up the fake eyelashes though. :P)

Offline dshupe

• Sly
Re: Lurker finally posting
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
Sorry to hear about the issue you have but congratulations on the courage and the willingness to embrace the situation and make the best of it!!  Shows TONS of courage!  Welcome the the forum!!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »
Wow! Welcome to this side of the fence :)

I love how youre accepting the changes in life and with your body and doing what you can with it. Ive heard and known women who went into depression over hair loss or Alopecia, and its not easy at all. Hats off to you for dealing with it in such a bold and confident way. Im really happy for you.

Im sure your story will be a inspiration to any other ladies who are debating how to handle the options. Congrats!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »
Awesome, welcome to the forum!  You'll quickly find we are a very supportive bunch around here and it's great to have representation from our sly sisters!  A friend of mine's wife also has the same condition (I hope that is the PC phrasing) and she typically wears wigs when she goes "out" but if it's something more informal or just people she knows well then she will go sly and proud. 

Also worth adding: headblade is a great company, for real.  If you ever have issues or questions or anything they are the best.  We pretty much all can attest to their stellar customer service.
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »
Welcome, Kayla!

I must say, that you look beautiful as a bald female. Sorry about your situation with the alopecia, but much respect to you for embracing it and going sly. Nice to hear from our female members; we've had quite a few but they haven't posted in a bit. Please feel free to participate often.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:47:26 PM »
Hey Kayla, hello from Ireland! You look great! Maith thú! (well done)

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 01:02:44 AM »
Welcome Kayla, you wear it well!
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
Welcome Kayla! That's awesome that you've joined us. Thank you for sharing your story with us and I look forward to getting to know you better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 03:13:51 PM »
Welcome Kayla, you are stunning, thanks for sharing your story

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
Welcome Kayla , pretty face and lovely eyes .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 05:13:18 AM »
Looks really good, Kid...  Brings out your eyes in a big way...!    Be courageous and you will own it - everyone will be jealous of that kind of bravado...   Seriously - it works and looks really good....!
Started shaving November 25th, 2016