Poll

Should I shave my head and get used to it or keep my hair as long as I can then start shaving?

Shave
Keep the hair

Author Topic: Completely indecisive... please help  (Read 10221 times)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Completely indecisive... please help
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
Add another to the "shave it" column. Not having to deal with hair or hairloss is such a relief.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline 50plus

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 02:22:06 AM »
That shaved looked looks really good - much much better than the others - just my opinion

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 07:40:12 AM »
You could make some kind of deal with her maybe keep the hair until after the event then shave. My wife was not thrilled about me shaving my head at first. Now she says she's getting used to it and kind of likes it. Hopefully in another few weeks she will very much like it.
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline d22patrick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
Well fellas the deal was made... not only am I going to shave it after the wedding, but she is going to shave it for me!  Seems fair... I'll keep you up to date and post some pics after the deed is done.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 10:30:55 AM »
Sounds like you worked out a good deal!  Having your girlfriend do the shave makes her part of the transition - my guess is she'll end up really liking your new appearance.

Good luck!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
Glad it worked out so well.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 05:06:49 AM »
It's great that you reached a compromise with your girlfriend.  I'll bet she is fairly excited to shave you, too!  Good luck with everything.

Offline d22patrick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »
Ok gentlmen... I think I'm losing my nerve.  I know this is going to sound petty and vain but I hope you can look past that. 

If you've read this you know that my gf and I came to an agreement that I can shave my head after the wedding which means I'll be shaving my head on June 7th. 

But now I find I'm losing my nerve to do it.  I'm getting self conscious about it.  Mainly because my gf is incredibly beautiful and honestly already out of my league.  She doesn't want me to shave it but gives me the "whatever makes you happy I just would prefer you keep it" response. 

My other issue is all of her friends that we hang out with have bf's that are attractive and have a full head of hair.  I worry I'll feel self conscious around them if I shave. 

I guess my question is do we think that I'm shaving my head because it's a solution to balding or because I genuinely look better or at least about the same with a shaved head vs. with hair?

Any input would be appreciated!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
I had to look back at your photos. You look good in all of them, but honestly, I think the picture of you shaved is best. I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. If it were me, I'd probably shave it all off now rather than endure the recession and balding which will more than likely keep accelerating. And I think, as the others  said, you look younger, you look bad ass, and it really suits you.

Don't put yourself down. No matter how beautiful your girl is, if you are a good guy and you treat her well, you are not out of her league. I wouldn't be concerned with her friends' boyfriends. A handsome face and a full head if hair do not necessarily make for a good person. There are plenty of good looking jerks in the world.

Why are you shaving? As a solution to balding? Yes. Because you look better? Yes in my opinion. But you do not have to shave your head for any reason. Go with your gut. If you are not ready or sure, give it some extra time. There is no deadline.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:52:53 PM by Mike E. P. »
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »
If you aren't ready, that's okay.  You aren't being forced to do it.

One comment from Mike that I'll echo: don't put yourself down.  Once you start thinking your girlfriend is out of your league, you'll behave in ways that will drive her away.  She sees something in you that is attractive - that's why she's your girlfriend, not somebody else's.  Be confident and happy with that.  The fact that she's willing to shave your head because it will make you happy should tell you something about her inner qualities.

But again, if you aren't ready, don't do it.   

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 03:04:03 PM »
Your decision, but I have gotten more attention from women since I shaved off my full head of hair. I've had women come up to me in a bar (in front of my GF) and tell me how hot she thought I looked bald, and I'm 60yo! my new GF loves it, thinks it is sexy. Good luck whatever you decide.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline d22patrick

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2014, 03:10:19 PM »
Thanks a lot guys.  That really makes sense.  I guess she is with me for a reason!  I guess I was worries I might lose her over this but if she leaves me over something like hair then I guess that would say even more about her. 

This is something I want to do for me because I like it more... for some reason I started worrying about what other people would think which is unlike me. 

Thanks again for all the comments... they really help!

8 days left and the hair will be gone!  I'll be sure to post a pic!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2014, 05:44:56 PM »
This is something I want to do for me because I like it more... for some reason I started worrying about what other people would think which is unlike me.

Good!!! This really needs to be something you do because YOU want it rather than something you feel you have to do.

And don't feel bad because you are worried about how you will look or how others will react. I have a feeling almost all of us have had those anxieties to some degree at some point when we were contemplating going smooth.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
Good luck! You can do it!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.