Author Topic: First ever 100 pack bought today  (Read 4405 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
First ever 100 pack bought today
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:22:34 AM »
After spending months dialing in what blades work best for me I took the plunge today and bought my first ever 100pk of DE blades: Feather. Through a reputable amazon dealer I got 100 feathers (x10 10blade packs in a sleeve) for about $26.  I usually shop maggard or west coast shaving because they both are great companies to work with but this deal was too good to pass up. 

I still love, use, and will rotate the gillette silver blues, 7oc blacks, and personna lab blues in my 37c because they all work great even though they give slightly different shaves but the feathers just really seem to be where it's at for me.  It took some time to grow on me but I found that everytime I used a non-feather blade I kept wishing it was a fresh feather like I used the day before! Also, while the 37c is my daily shaver, I also own a dorco prime TTO safety razor (solid performer regardless of low price and being considered a "noob" razor) and a standard razors aircraft aluminum safety razor that I rotate in occasionally and both of those crave feathers above all else.

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
Re: First ever 100 pack bought today
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »
How many shaves doe you use a blade for? I think one of the main reasons I get consistent shaves with my blades is because I use them for one shave and then throw them away. I buy them by the 100 packs as well so I don't feel like I need to squeeze every possible shave out of a blade so I don't run out of them. I used to be that guy who would try to get 20 shaves out of a blade before I really took the time to learn how to shave properly. If I had to I would go for 2 or 3 shaves with a blade before tossing it but I do like having a fresh-sharp blade every time my razor touches my face or head at the start of every shave.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:49:40 PM »
I too can get typically 2-3 shaves out of a blade but the first is always the best and they are cheap so I shave once and toss always

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
I think it's cool that you rotate through different blades every shave, but I have to resign myself to just rotating between my shave soaps/creams and my shave bowls/mugs. I keep telling myself that I want to get a new razor for Christmas but at the same time I keep using my 37c for every shave. I have not used my 34c once since I got my slant and I am so happy with the Personna blades that I have no real desire to use anything else. I love the different creams and soaps out there and as another of my posts showed, I have a rather large collection of bowls that will just continue to grow. Please keep posting your likes or dislikes as far as the blades go...I for one find your opinions on them very interesting. On a side note...I was at Walgreens on Friday and stopped by the shaving supply section......now here in Las Vegas there are not many shaving items geared toward the wet shavers out here unless you can find a specialty shop....and I actually saw two different types of DE blades on display. They had them locked up in a glass case! It's great to see that maybe they are starting to realize people want a change from the cartridge razor robbery , but why lock the sh*t up?! Oh well, thankfully the internet allows me to buy wet shaving supplies so I don't have to rely on these stores. Even Walmart doesn't carry anything worthwhile except the Van Der Hagen shave set, which is nice but if you want to buy creams or soaps you are pretty much S.O.L.

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 04:31:18 AM »
Since I don't have to shave for work or any medical reason this is all 100% hobby for me.  With that being said I'm happy to hear someone likes my various rants and raves! Haha.  If you want to try any soaps without getting a huge puck you should check out maggard razors.  They are an awesome company and have tiny soap samples that usually give you about 5 shaves for an average of $2.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 01:46:52 PM by SlyCatCrossing »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »
Love me some Feather blades, too.  O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!