Author Topic: shiny or matte  (Read 12386 times)

Offline DaveM61

• Sly Jr.
Re: shiny or matte
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 07:53:21 AM »
I prefer shinny over matte. 

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
SHine definately

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 02:32:51 PM »
As much shine as possible!
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
To get a shiny dome, I find a close shave with my DE and generous splash of aftershave does the job. It  pulls my scalp nice and tight. Applying a moisteriser does not seem to give me a shine, in fact it makes it more matt, sometimes "oily".
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »
Although I'm a high shine guy, by chance I've discovered a really super matte product--I mean no shine, no gleam just pure matte.  It's Banana Boat's Sport Perfomance "Clear UltraMist" 30 spf broad spectrum sunscreen.  I sprayed it on, and I went into panic mode--zip on shine as it dried :o.  Now, I don't know how long the effect lasts, but it is supposed to be reapplied every 80 minutes for water resistence.  I solved the problem topping it with Nivea Extreme Comfort and finished off with Aloe Vera gel--I had to get some shine. 
So, if you're a matte kind of person, this will do the "trick!"  If it's a trick you want.  I still use it for sun protection, but I work on the shine once it dries--so far sun protection seems excellent. 

Offline bigstosh

• Sly
  • Proudly bald since May 18, 2012
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
The shinier the better.  I'm still working on this.  I have been buffing my head with the towel after a shower and then rubbing in some Bald Guyz Moisture gel.  This seems to work pretty well, in fact a few people have asked if I am waxing my head.
Stan