Author Topic: Time to call it a day, or do i still have a few years of hair?  (Read 6245 times)

JohnJohn22

Hey Guys.
First time posting here!
A little background: I've always been a long-haired fellow and quite enjoyed it. The last few years i've started noticing my hair thinning, and have been going back and forth between buzzing it and growing it out.
I've shaved it now since september and decided to grow it out again.
I'm not sure - it seems quite thin to me now and i'm afraid it might become very apparent if i grow it out.
It varies a lot depending on the source of light - the pictures below are in good lightning. In bathroom it seems thinner.
Maybe it's just the length now - what do you guys think?
Can i grow it out and have a few more years of hair?
I quite like the sly look, but would like to enjoy my hair a little longer.

Hope you guys can help with some advice.

Bonus info: I'm 22 years old. Dad and Grandpa are both bald. Brothers 27 and 32, both still have hair although thin and high temples.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Time to call it a day, or do i still have a few years of hair?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:58:37 AM »
You look good with short buzz.  thinning not that noticeable- when the urge hits shave.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 06:02:21 AM »
It doesn't look like the thickest head of hair I've ever seen but plenty to go on with. You should wear it however you feel comfortable, be that sly or with hair. If it's grown longer you will see less skin so will appear thicker, but it looks fine buzzed and most probably would look great sly

Offline Themightyjuice

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 06:07:34 AM »
A little receeding but all in all I'd say you're fine. Nothing really to worry about. Still a few years of hair to enjoy if that's the way you want to go 👍

JohnJohn22

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 06:18:37 AM »
Thanks for the comments gentlemen - greatly appreciated!

I've enjoyed the sly and buzzed look, but i think i'll carry on growing it out for while.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 06:39:34 AM »
Thanks for the comments gentlemen - greatly appreciated!

I've enjoyed the sly and buzzed look, but i think i'll carry on growing it out for while.

The nice thing about your current length is that it is expected for some scalp to show through, so any thinning is not as apparent.   You're starting to develop a bit of a widow's peak but there's no reason why you can't hand onto some hair for a while longer.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »
Hey Guys.
First time posting here!
A little background: I've always been a long-haired fellow and quite enjoyed it. The last few years i've started noticing my hair thinning, and have been going back and forth between buzzing it and growing it out.
I've shaved it now since september and decided to grow it out again.
I'm not sure - it seems quite thin to me now and i'm afraid it might become very apparent if i grow it out.
It varies a lot depending on the source of light - the pictures below are in good lightning. In bathroom it seems thinner.
Maybe it's just the length now - what do you guys think?
Can i grow it out and have a few more years of hair?
I quite like the sly look, but would like to enjoy my hair a little longer.

Hope you guys can help with some advice.

Bonus info: I'm 22 years old. Dad and Grandpa are both bald. Brothers 27 and 32, both still have hair although thin and high temples.

kind of reminds me how mine started but i was younger. still, the buzz looks great on you with the widow's peak. very masculine. hiding up under long hair is hard to pull off. go with your gut.  but you could wear the buzz for a long time, gaining confidence for whatever happens down the road.

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 10:38:35 AM »
You still have some good coverage left, for now anyway. Enjoy it while you have it. Keep the buzz cut for a while if you want. You still have great crown coverage also. Enjoy it while it lastt, becasue it comes to the point, where it really goes fast, when it decides to let loose.