Author Topic: Electric Shavers for head?  (Read 12403 times)

Offline letitshine

• Learning the way of Sly
Electric Shavers for head?
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have been bald by choice since 10 months now, partly due to bald patch also ;)

Anyhow, i am tired of going to local barber for shave every week. Can anyone suggest if i can use Braun Series 7 to shave my head every alternate days?

Cheers.

Sly Joe Leo

Re: Electric Shavers for head?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
I use a basic Norelco electric razor myself. It works well, though I need to clear the hair out of it several times during the head shave, but it's worth it. Any good electric razor will do. I use either aftershave gel or really good lotion on my head after the shave, as my skin is moderately sensitive. It all seems to work.

Good luck!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »
I use a Panasonic LA63 every day.  It's a wet or dry shaver, so you can use it with shaving cream.  It gives a nice close shave without irritation and is very easy to keep clean.

Give it a try with the Braun.  Should work fine.   

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
Electrics work well enough. I have an older Braun Series 3 that I've replaced the blades/screen on once. The mistake that I made was reading Simply Red's posts about the Panasonic Linears so I tried an ES8243K a couple of years ago. The Braun has not seen the light of day since.
I normally shave with a Head Blade but when I'm in a hurry or just want a touch up or am nursing cuts the Panasonic perfo rms pretty near as well as a blade. Plus it's a wet/dry, which my old Braun is not, so I can use it in the shower.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »

Norelco Headgroom here seems to get close but not in one swipe. It clogs in between the blades when I shave my head but I have thick hair. Just wipe with brush and its ok.

Offline shurhad

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
Ive been using the Panasonic ES8228 wet/dry. It does a great job

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
The Panasonic is very good, but I still finish with a HeadBlade to get even smoother.

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
I have been using the Conair CleanHead for 7 months and it gives a good close shave.

Enter your email address: