Author Topic: Head scraped up from Wahl 8110  (Read 4232 times)

Offline weyman

• Learning the way of Sly
Head scraped up from Wahl 8110
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
Hey there, long time bald guy, first time poster!

i've always used ConAir clippers to shave my head, but with my pattern (I have the Friar Tuck, cul-de-sac look, and light complextion, dark hair), i'm at the point where i want to start getting closer, so I purchased the Wahl 8110 Balding clippers.

I used them last night for the first time, and to my horror, I ended up with red scratches all over my head (I could feel the clippers getting too close perhaps, as it did hurt every now and then).

2 questions:

1) should i be setting the blade back a tad? (I read that the 2 screws can be loosened to adjsut this)

2) is there anything i can use to get rid of the red marks / scratches on my head?

Thanks very much!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Head scraped up from Wahl 8110
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
Tme will heal, but no electric will get as close as a good razor blade.
SlyBeard

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
Welcome! As far as the scratches, I would rub over them with an ice cube and then use cortisone cream. You may have to adjust the clippers. What was the length of your hair when you used the clippers that scratched you?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »
I have had the same experience with the Wahl balding Clipper.  Those things are a sharp as a razor and I cut my scalp with them. 

It is actually easier and safer to shave with a razor than to use those things.  And, once you get used to it, it is just as fast.  And of course, much better results.

Offline Munkynutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 03:35:59 AM »
I actually have found problems with these as well but it is not just limited to the Wahl brand.

What I discovered when buzzing my head regularly before was that a beard trimmer (while slightly slower) produced as good results but without messing up or catching my skin.  Also require a lot less cleaning maintenance to maintain good operating condition.  I'm currently using a Philishave of some sort.  Works just fine.  Unbelievably cheap as well, so perhaps consider one of these and give it a whirl.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 06:18:53 AM »
I have Experienced the same problem with the Wald Balding clippers.
I almost always use a regular wet razor and get better results and a close smooth shave.

experienced