Author Topic: Acne  (Read 10052 times)

Offline MichaelRMT

• Sly Guy in Training
Acne
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:30:21 PM »
Do any of you guys suffer from breakouts on your dome?

What do you do to treat it and prevent it?

I'm washing regularly, exfoliating, changing my pillowcase often, and using tea tree oil, but still getting a fair amount of acne.

Any suggestions?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Acne
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 06:15:32 AM »
One of the reasons I shave my head daily is that it cures my acne/dermatitis condition. Are you using other products like moisturizers or oils? I've also read about contact acne. So if you're wear a cap or hat could cause it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:53 AM »
My combination for preventing bumps is rubbing my head/chin with an ice cube combined with Nivea after shave balm. Haven't had any serious breakouts (a couple of small bumps here and there that go away within a couple of days).
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »
Recently i have been getting them.

Could be a number of reasons i guess.

Anyway, i am taking a rest from razor shaving the dome and going with a trimmer / beard trimmer on dome.

Offline MichaelRMT

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »
Thanks guys.
I do use an ice cube after shaving, and witch hazel.
I just recently starting shaving again, so it could just be that my scalp is sensitive at this point.

I'm still trying to figure it out, so any more suggestions are always welcome.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 05:36:47 PM »
I get an occasional zit in back at the base of skull but keeping it clean with a little witch hazel takes care of it in a day or two.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 01:44:16 PM »
Have you tried Clearhead by Headblade? That has been a dome-saver for me. My trouble spot for acne was always the crown of my head. I tried everything, but I'd still get the occasional pimple in that area. The combination of using Clearhead after a cold water rinse post shave and shaving more frequently has eliminated any issues. Fortunately, it's been quite a long time since that area has broken out.

If you buy it online you can get a discount through this site by clicking on any Headblade banner. I'm not sure where you're located, but if you prefer to buy it in a store I'm sure Headblade customer service would be able to help you with any local retailers that may carry it. My local grocery store - ShopRite - carries it.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 05:44:43 PM »
When I was a kid I had acne very bad, my Mom saw an episode of Donahue where a dermatologist said to take one a day vitamins that contain zinc for acne. I did every day and never had zits or bad skin ever again. If it's not irritation causing you to break out maybe this will help.

Offline MichaelRMT

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions gents.

Offline KirillSteblov

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
Acne is a common problem caused by the hormones imbalance, not appropriate nutrition which includes much fatty or fried food. You have mentioned using tea tree oil which is not very helpful for you but it doesn't mean that this is a bad remedy. It is well-known that there are no remedies which suit everybody. And you can understand which one will work for you only by trying to use each one till you find the best one for your skin type. I can recommend you really effective home remedies to choose from https://ambrossimo.com/home_remedies_for_acne/. Their main benefit is that all of them are natural and not expensive. You don't need to buy them with the intention to try on your face as usually all of us have such products at home. They are apple vinegar, honey and strawberry,aloe vera,coconut oil,baking soda and some others.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 01:52:19 PM »
Acne is a common problem caused by the hormones imbalance, not appropriate nutrition which includes much fatty or fried food. You have mentioned using tea tree oil which is not very helpful for you but it doesn't mean that this is a bad remedy. It is well-known that there are no remedies which suit everybody. And you can understand which one will work for you only by trying to use each one till you find the best one for your skin type. I can recommend you really effective home remedies to choose from https://ambrossimo.com/home_remedies_for_acne/. Their main benefit is that all of them are natural and not expensive. You don't need to buy them with the intention to try on your face as usually all of us have such products at home. They are apple vinegar, honey and strawberry,aloe vera,coconut oil,baking soda and some others.

And Ketchup? lol

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 02:41:48 AM »
Stop washing to many times, can't stress this enough, I've seen it quite a lot on this forum, members saying to wash scalp numerous amount of times a day, all that will do is dry your skin out and produce more oil which gives you acne. Google is your friend. Once a day with a sensitive face wash, exfoliate every 2 days. By washing too many  Times your messing around with the Ph balance of the skin, stripping away natural healthy oils, drying out the skin, and in return the body is producing more and more oil to replace what you have lost. Also try tend skin.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
Stress can cause acne

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 01:40:22 PM »
I used to get it when I shaved every other day or third day. When I started shaving daily it went away. I think a lot of times its ingrown hairs
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline GrisslyGobCruncher

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 06:23:39 AM »
Recently i have been getting them.

Could be a number of reasons i guess.

Anyway, i am taking a rest from razor shaving the dome and going with a trimmer / beard trimmer on dome.

Thank you for this. I have bumps at the back of my head and my wife says those are hair trying to go out. It doesn't hurt that much but it's very irritating. I only use soap to wash my head. I'll definitely give Nivea a try