Author Topic: What should I be putting on my head after I shave?  (Read 62528 times)

Offline Shaf

• Sly
Re: What should I be putting on my head after I shave?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 04:38:15 PM »
U may know this but before anything after u shave, have a really cold water rinse or even an ice cube rub on the scalp.  Works great to tighten the skin.

+ on the aloe vera gel.  Mainly because it's cheap.  If u like it I'm sure you'll like Bald Guyz Moisture gel which uses aloe amongst other things.

GASlick

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 05:24:38 PM »
BaldGuyz Moisture Gel like Tank.

I have some aloe as well.

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:22 PM »
A witch hazel spritz, throw on the undies while it dries, followed by Bald Guyz Moisture gel and or some Lube Glossy!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline JamesCT

• Sly Jr.
    • Adam & Andy
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
Lots of good recommendations, guys.

I primarily use Head Lube Glossy but only a small amount, about the size of my pinky fingernail.

For those days when I don't want a shine, I use Gillette Skin Conditioning After Shave Moisturizer lotion (Sensitive Skin). It does the job, has a nice light fragrance, it's inexpensive (about $2.50 a bottle), and it's easy to find.

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 10:11:26 PM »
I put some Afta on my dome to cool my head then follow it up with BaldGuys moisturizer.  It gets great results and keeps my head from drying out so bad

;D
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 07:35:47 PM »
Just recently started the cold rinse (as cold as I can get the shower water) and it closes the pores really well.  Somehow it seems to make the skin ready for the next step.

And that is to moisturize the skin.  May be a good idea to start with Bald Guyz Moisturizer Gel.  It is good stuff and keeps the dome from drying out.  I suspect it is the one least likely to cause someone an irritation.  But no one knows what will happen to a particular guy...its nobody's noggin but yours and nobody's allergic reaction but yours.

Right now I am using Headlube matte instead of the Bald Guyz gel because I like the glow (but not shine) it leaves on my head.  I certainly don't find it painful, but I do feel an occasional tinge of "awareness" when I rub it in.  I think it contains menthol and that may be what causes it.

Some trial and error may be necessary on your part.  You definitely need to moisturize, but some products may cause an allergic irritation.  That should be apparent pretty quickly so you won't need to go the course with a particular product and get a really bad reaction.  The worst is that you'll just have invested in a product that you won't be able to use all of.  It's part of the natural initiation into slydom.

Bean
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:39:52 PM by bostonbean »

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »
If you are using Aloe vera gel make sure its 100% aloe and not 100% pure Aloe which means that in addition to the pure Aloe there are chemicals in there as well which cause the skin to be tacky.
HBG

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »
i usually shave, rinse in the shower and wash my head, then rinse with cold water, run an ice cube over the dome, throw on some aftershave, and then some moisturizer  O0
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
Thayer's Witch Hazel is great. I've used the Rose Petal and Lavender scents; both great. I'll be trying the Lemon scent next.

Also, Bald Guyz Moisture Gel is great. I keep mine in the fridge. By far the best 'after-shave' product I've ever used. Can't beat it!  O0
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 08:38:26 PM »
If you are using Aloe vera gel make sure its 100% aloe and not 100% pure Aloe which means that in addition to the pure Aloe there are chemicals in there as well which cause the skin to be tacky.
HBG

i have aloe vera but it doesnt say anywhere on it what percent it is. im assuming its 100% since it says "all natural" and all this stuff. i dunno though.

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 08:40:36 PM »
I've been using this stuff called Bump Patrol and it seems to work pretty well.  Just randomly picked it out at walgreens

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 06:23:39 AM »
I've been using this stuff called Bump Patrol and it seems to work pretty well.  Just randomly picked it out at walgreens

I've seen that also. What does it smell like? I'd like to try it also.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »
I go for simple. I use pure glycerin soap to shave my head after giving it a good scrubbing with a washcloth. The glycerin is very slick and works well with my HeadBlade.

After shaving I use plain old witch hazel and while my head is wet with it, I use a dab of generic moisturizing lotion. The wet of the witch hazel helps the lotion spread around nicely without having to use much of it.

Works for me.

*** UPDATE ***:

Got some of the "Fruit of the Earth" Aloe Gel at Walmart. Use that now after the witch hazel and really like it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 01:51:47 PM by ldrider51 »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 11:19:37 AM »
I tried Shave Secret oil for shaving ,but found it made the razor to hard to clean. Tried using it after shaving , 2 drops on wet hands made a great post shave find. Also smells great per my wife. Give it a try.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline gymguy66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
Aloe gel.....feels great and the shine...incredible