Author Topic: Pros and Cons of being bald  (Read 76170 times)

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
Re: Pros and Cons of being bald
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
I sort of agree you have to dress for your head. I used to wear more white shirts and now I find that I need a splash of color with the white shirts. I have always looked good in black and probably even more so now. Red was a color I didn't wear well with hair, but seems to go well with a bald head.

I have also found now that I have the neat and tidy appearance of a bald head I can't be going outside looking like a soup sandwich. I have to take care that my shirts aren't wrinkly.  However it's been a good thing for me to have to pay closer attention to my appearance.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2016, 07:26:02 AM »
Seeing adverts offering solutions to men with thinning hair. And then quietly smiling, knowing that's never going to be an issue.

Offline TheRedChile

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2016, 12:19:42 AM »
Cold water or a sunburn...... shaved through both though and god damn is it rough!

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
Once your bald there's no more stress or worry about losing your hair.
Larry the bald guy

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:55 AM »
Pros:  No more internal dialogue about how my hair is thinning.  No $$$ for haircuts/appointments.  Looks very tough when you're just sitting expressionless.  The ladies seem to like it (for the most part). 

Cons:  As everyone else has said - the cold... 
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Feenix

• Sly Jr.
  • Like Mr Boombastic, I'm semi fantastic!
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
Biggest Pro.  I was always terrible with hair care products.  Really terrible.  I would use a tub of gel in about 2 days as a kid because I had to keep fiddling with it or putting too much on and it used to make me insane with fury.  Now, I dont have to worry about that.  At all.  Another pro is that I dont have to look in the mirror every day and wish that I had more hair.  :)

Cons.  I used to have shoulder length red hair and I loved it - but its gone and I cant have it back, so Ive decided to shave my head, which signifies taking control as far as Im concerned.  Another thing is, you only have one look - you cant wear your hair tied back or long, or brushed forward or brushed back.  But, thats what hats and beards are for.  :)

Offline Burnt_Burito

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »
Pros:
•1 You always look clean, put together and presentable
•2 No more waisting your time waiting and getting a haircut at the barber shop
•3 Confidence booster IMO

Cons:
•1 You'll spend some time in the bathroom getting a perfectly shaved head
•2 You'll need to shave every day or every other day if you want that BBS dome all the time
•3 You can get some irritation especially on the lower sides or back of the head areas

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2017, 01:11:47 AM »
Dears All,

Good Morning.

anyone who are interested to be bald plz fill this survey for me. it only take five minutes from your time.

thanks

this is the link

https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/gMWL0Ylq

Dear Sir:

I started a new thread with your survey.  The thread is titled "Survey".

Here is the link www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=27689

All interested please go to the above link. I respectfully ask you to avoid posting this same post in multiple threads

Thanks, and best
SSH214
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
Pros:
•1 You always look clean, put together and presentable
•2 No more waisting your time waiting and getting a haircut at the barber shop
•3 Confidence booster IMO

Cons:
•1 You'll spend some time in the bathroom getting a perfectly shaved head
•2 You'll need to shave every day or every other day if you want that BBS dome all the time
•3 You can get some irritation especially on the lower sides or back of the head areas

another pro:  Hollywood approaches you to star in next action blockbuster.
another con:  SUNBURN if you're not careful early in the warm season. ugly!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2017, 12:49:30 PM »
Pro: you're the first one to know when it starts to rain. I was standing in line waiting for the recycling center to open when it started to lightly sprinkle. When I said it's starting to rain, a gal behind me said I should have a hat on. I told her a little cool rain feels good on a bald head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »
A big advantage of being bald is that you no longer have hair to date your appearance. There's an unchanging certainty with a shaved bald.

Offline Jloewe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2017, 08:10:33 AM »
Pros:

Looks good. 

Consistency. No bad hair days, or messed up anything.

Once you get the hang of it it's just as easy as any other hair style.

Cheap if you go DE (which I just did).

Easy to wear a variety of hats.  Especially in cold New England winters.  When I had hair it was a chore to fix it after throwing a beanie on.

Cool in the summer, and fits well under running hats and bike helmets. (really nice for adult athletes)

No need for a swim cap unless required.  (especially for swimmers and triathletes)

Can get ready the night before or skip a couple days of hair maintenance if needed or in a hurry.

Cons:

Exposed to the elements.  Sun, wind, cold, chlorine for swimmers.  On that cold note, come October in New England better get a hat on.

A bit of a learning curve on shaving.  Especially with DE.

Kind of locked into a hair style. 

To me personally I like the bald.  I was thinning ever so slightly but noticeable and not evenly.  Then shaved, like it, got scared grew it back, shaved again for a long time.  Grew it back to be Wolverine for Halloween.  Thinning had gotten progressively worse and I was having a lot of trouble getting it right.  Shaved again.  Think I'll just stay bald this time. 

For guys on the fence that were a little metro and trendy I was one of those guys.  I always was Mr. Perfect hair until a little after 30.  At 33 I shaved for the first time as it was just getting too hard to style.  I'm here to tell you that you can still be super metro about your bald.  Grow a well trimmed beard to match, get a nice DE razor (close and better shave for less money), some quality shave soap, nice brush, good aftershave.  You'll probably spend less on all that.  Quality shave and beard products have helped me come to terms with changing my style so dramatically.

Offline lsflipper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
No longer the stress and worry about losing your hair.

Larry the bald guy

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:52 AM »
No longer the stress and worry about losing your hair.

Or going grey. Actually, in my case, i kinda hope for it to happen soon, to eliminate the shadow. Lol. So in that case, what was once a con, now becomes a pro.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »
You are so right amatlock. My hair is snow white, and I have no shadow at all. I previously mentioned that not seeing the white hair was the biggest change for me. Every time I attempt to grow my hair back, after a couple weeks, I don't like how the grey hair makes me look older. Now, if my goatee wasn't white...... 
Bald by choice, and loving it!