Author Topic: $1 customizable razor and brush stand  (Read 4321 times)

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
$1 customizable razor and brush stand
« on: July 04, 2016, 11:12:37 AM »
No tools, doesn't look like crap.  Can be made to fit most daily set ups.  Mine will be for 2 razors and 1 brush with no bowl. Go to your local dollar store and find what I pictured with this post, it's a paper towel holder (the one pictures is slightly more heavy duty then what I got.  Mine is thinner gauge and coated in white rubber).  The base is perfectly round and the posts can be easily bent by hand to any shape.  Ill post an update with my finished one either tonight or tomorrow.

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: $1 customizable razor and brush stand
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
Also, if you find one like what I attached to this post you can have even more positioning options for say multiple razors and brushes.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:53:13 PM »
Just wondering if weight of razor will topple the stand ?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »
If the stand is bent to a shape allowing for a balanced center of gravity then it won't topple.  I mean you wont be fitting more then say 2-3 razors and a brush but for most that is just fine.  I haven't had a chance to take a pic yet but I promise I will in te next day or two.  I just started a new job this week, I'm actively recording three different albums with three different bands, and my wife is off for the summer (teacher) so needless to say... I've been very busy haha

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »
Wanted to post a pic yesterday however I knew my new 37c was coming in today and I made the holder for two razors.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »
Also I should note that you don't see any type of brush related cream/soap here because I'm out of vdh and proraso and I have a la toja shave stick on the way.  Barbasol is an old fall back that will probably always be in my shave den sonewhere