Author Topic: Veterans Brown Bag Luncheon  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
Veterans Brown Bag Luncheon
« on: December 07, 2011, 05:49:31 AM »
I went to a Veterans Brown Bag Luncheon yesterday and was amazed.

I've been considering going back to work and trading some hours for dollars.  I've been fortunate to duplicate my military income between my retirement and e-commerce business, but I'm looking to make more, as some of you know after losing my last remaining elders(mother and great aunt) this past year, my brother is not in great health (hospitalized nearly every month)...and it takes a lot out of me to try to assist him.  So, I interviewed with a company that I liked with a modest starting pay, but with incentives it has the potential to nearly double.  This was early last month and the person interviewing me said they will be starting me on the higher end of the beginning salary ($7000 difference in my favor).

Anyway, at this luncheon the fellow Veteran in front of me happens to golf with the individual I am waiting on a second interview with...and the Veterans Rep that was giving the presentation is actually friends with the HR person that interviewed me.  He also stated he could actually network with her and write a VA OJT Contract with them (a benefit I had completely forgotten about).

Coincidence?  Not!  Definitely a Blessing sent my way...very thankful!!!

I'm going to go to this Veterans Brown Bag Luncheon every month from now on!!!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Veterans Brown Bag Luncheon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
That is excellent news. Congrats!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »
That is excellent news. Congrats!
Thanks, glad I'm riding high on some good news because today has been crazy.  I had to go a few counties over on business and tried to have lunch with my brother.  Found out he is in the hospital...again, so I went and visited with him.  That put me in the area of a customer of mine I thought I would follow up with...they were closed, so I just drove by...down hill...

...a minute later...speeding...stopped...and fined.  :popo  Ugh!  :-\

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
D'oh! That bites. Gotta take the bad with the good huh?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Enter your email address: