Author Topic: If you could go to live in another country....  (Read 19189 times)

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
If you could go to live in another country....
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:46:29 AM »
....where would it be and why?

Come on guys, whats your story?

I would love to live in the US. I have had 2 holidays there (with a 3rd on the way) and I love it. The sights, sounds, atmosphere, the quietness (when you want it), the biz (when you want it).

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: If you could go to live in another country....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:39:01 AM »
I didn't even have to think twice on this one.  Ireland all the way.  In fact I have been investigating purchasing a home in the west of Ireland where I could spend the winter months once I retire. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:58:41 AM »
Holland would be my first choice because of the excellent social climate.  The west of England near Huddersfield, if England wasn't so bloody expensive.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:04:09 AM »
I guess it sounds cheesy :D  but I really wouldnt want to live in any other country: though I'd rather live in a bigger house in the country with plenty of space around me (if I could afford it!)

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 06:39:28 AM »
I don't think I would like anywhere else but the U.S.  Perhaps somewhere else than Texas. Someplace with four seasons.  All we have is Fall, Summer, Summer and Summer
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »
Minus the economic situation and current administration..The United States of America is still number one in my book. Only other country I have thought would be interesting to live in is Australia.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 09:13:44 AM »
The southern part of England would be nice, or around Aix en Provence in France.  The problem is food, too plain in England, much too good in France for sustained existance. 

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 09:27:13 AM »
I can't imagine living outside of the U.S., but if I had to pick it would be Greece and likely the island of Tinos.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »
Scotland would not be bad .... if I HAD to leave the US
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »
i dunno japan would be kool. anywhere on the continent of africa would be kool too. (preferrably a country that isnt 3rd world) maybe south africa.

Offline leerdemmer

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 11:37:09 AM »
I'm now living in the capital Ankara but I would prefer to live in Istanbul. But if I was asked to go to another country I would of course choose Germany probably Köln.
hair is handicap..

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:46:44 AM »
Well Canada is big so I would love to visit other parts of Canada.  I live in Southern Ontario.  I would love to visit the Maritimes  :@`
It's soooooooooo beautiful.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
Well Canada is big so I would love to visit other parts of Canada.  I live in Southern Ontario.  I would love to visit the Maritimes  :@`
It's soooooooooo beautiful.

If you ever come over to Nova Scotia you'll have to let me know bro O0 I think there is one other SBG here, we'll show you around.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »
Can't say I would want to go anywhere. I've always wanted to go live in the Arctic for a couple years though, just not permanently.

Offline KollegeKreed

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 12:49:42 PM »
I have been to Scotland and England and really loved them both...I could see myself living in Scotland without a problem...

Enter your email address: