Author Topic: New guy!  (Read 3922 times)

Offline IslandPiper

• Learning the way of Sly
New guy!
« on: February 16, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »
Hello everyone, new guy here.  I'm 47 and my hair has been getting thin in the front for the last 15 years or so.  Over the last 5 years, it's accelerated, and I've developed a balding spot in the back as well, and I'm finally tired of it.  After Googling the subject of head shaving, I found this place, and thought it looked like a good place to settle in, seeing all the positive comments and support.  The plan is that this weekend, all the hair will be going away.  I'll post some before pics elsewhere here to hopefully get some thoughts and comments before I go 'under the razor'. 

Offline Ramathorn

Re: New guy!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 02:30:41 PM »
Welcome IslandPiper. I was in the same boat as you, my hair made me look older than I wanted. I did some research, ended up here and the rest is history. Just remember that when you shave it off, it's pretty dramatic. Stick to the 30 day rule. After the 30 days you'll have a good idea if it's something that you want to keep up.
 I should warn you though, going Sly has lead to a whole new hobby. I started looking at other shave gear and can't seem to stop collecting. Post a picture when you can, everyone here is very supportive.  O0

Offline IslandPiper

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 02:35:40 PM »
Hey, thanks for the welcome!  I posted a few 'before' pics in the "To be or not be...Bald" area.  I think I'm going to like this after I do it.

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 02:28:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum 🙂

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: