Author Topic: M5 Trimming blade problems......Ouch!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
M5 Trimming blade problems......Ouch!
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »
I have been using the M5 for awhile now and just love this razor, nothing cuts closer! However, my only contention is the darn trimming blade.  After accidently slicing my dome on more than one occasion, I started thinking, and thats when I examined the cartridge closely and found out that it can be diassembled quite easily.  I then figured out how to remove the trimming blade and reassemble the cartridge.  Voila, no more unwanted dings in the dome, and still getting that sweet shave, problem solved.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: M5 Trimming blade problems......Ouch!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:53:19 PM »
Personna had apparently gotten enough complaints about the trimming blade that they revised it. The new carts started production in November last year and they sent me a free 4-pack which I have not yet opened. If you go to the customer service section of the Personna website and fill out the eval on the M5 they will send you the free carts.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:37:24 AM »
That triming blade has bitten my ears a few times >:(.  But, it is a great shave at a fantastic price.  Right now I'm giving the new Schick a trial.  The new M5 blades are better.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:54:41 AM by saintc »

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:23:28 AM »
I must be blind.  I didn't even know it had a trim blade  :*))

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:39:24 AM »
Good to know that you can remove that trimming blade.   I've dropped mine in the shower twice and had it land on my foot on the trimming blade side.  I'm going to follow your lead and try removing mine tonight.   

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:22:05 AM »
I've found that you have to hold the razor at a different angle than the others when using the trimming blade.  So far I haven't come across any cuts or nicks but I can definitely see that being a problem.  I'm still switching between the M5 and the Fusion but it does feel like the M5 gives a better shave.  I have noticed that the M5 is a little tougher though and seems to drag a little bit on my head.  Overall a good razor though.

Enter your email address: