Author Topic: That stupid tan line  (Read 18499 times)

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
That stupid tan line
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:11:32 AM »
Be Careful what kind of hat you wear in the sun. You could get a tan line around your head just above the ears. People will laugh at you. wear a hat with a brim going all the way around it if you atre going to be in the sun. BTW hats are good protection even with sunscreen.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: That stupid tan line
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 01:48:25 AM »
Great point Apollo5!  I never thought of that.

I wear sunscreen everyday...it's part of the lotion I use to keep my dry scalp shiny and smooth.  But, I always wear a hat also if I'm going to be out in the sun for extended periods...now I need to get one with a bigger brim.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 12:32:11 AM »
I have run into that more than once. Especially wearing a hat and sunglasses. The guys at work call 'em my racing stripes.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 01:07:33 AM »
I have run into that more than once. Especially wearing a hat and sunglasses. The guys at work call 'em my racing stripes.

Ah yes, the good ol' racing stripes.  I wear those occasionally!  Especially if I'm in Hawaii.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:29:27 PM »
I wear a Tilley in the summer time. in those cooler months I like to wear the campaign hat you know the drill instructor hat but hey I just want to be different.

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 08:16:31 AM »

Ah yes, the good ol' racing stripes.  I wear those occasionally!  Especially if I'm in Hawaii.

I've got racing stripes right now... and I'm still in Hawaii!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:16:46 AM »
Thanks for rubbin it in Rob...lol
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »
yeah rob thanks. i am getting frosbite in the swamp, and you are getting racing stripes. why is the world so cruel? LOL ;D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

BaldRob

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 07:50:28 PM »
yeah rob thanks. i am getting frosbite in the swamp, and you are getting racing stripes. why is the world so cruel? LOL ;D

Just wanted to let you guys know that I was still here... in Hawaii...  ;D  drinking Mai Tais...   :P getting racing stripes...   8) checkin' out babes in Bikinis (Met a canadian chick yesterday)...  :o

Don't worry, I'll be back to reality and freakin' cold temps on Saturday morning!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 09:57:37 AM »
Took my wife & kids to Kihei for my 40th in May. Now that they're 6 & 8, they were old enough to enjoy the ocean. Got to swim with a pod of spinner dolphins in a cove off Lanai. Amazing experience. When the boat guides are getting their waterproof cameras out and getting in the ocean, you know you're doing something extremely rare.

As far as scalp protection (even though I haven't shaved the dome yet), I wear a bucket (Gilligan) hat most of the time, especially during the golf season. Although I am pretty religious about sunscreen, the bucket hat is a no brainer. I can see why that would be needed for bald dudes to avoid looking like a missle pop. "Parrot Partier"? Buffet fan?

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »
"Parrot Partier"? Buffet fan?

Yep... Been a Parrothead for years!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 11:32:17 AM »
Very nice. Had a feeling, cuz I'm sure you didn't lift your shirt in New Orleans to get those beads. Then again, maybe you did.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
Very nice. Had a feeling, cuz I'm sure you didn't lift your shirt in New Orleans to get those beads. Then again, maybe you did.

Rob can be a wild and crazy guy

BaldRob

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

Rob can be a wild and crazy guy

Who??  Me... nah... I'm a shy, quiet, and reserved kind of guy!   :P

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 12:08:51 PM »
LIAR!