Author Topic: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?  (Read 22135 times)

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
Re: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »
Thank you for the birthday wishes,Warhawk.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 06:47:54 AM »
Low maintenance due to the amount of time it took to deal with my wavy unruly hair. And I use a single blade straight razor and it takes me a half hour everyday to shave my head since I a do four passes, two with the grain and two against the grain but I'm super smooth when I'm done.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »
Good question.  I consider it both. 

It's high maintenance in that the daily upkeep, prepping the "tools" of the trade, etc. requires time and preparation.  But it is also low maintenance in that there is no having to style anything after you get out of the shower, towel dry, splash on some aftershave lotion and go.  And throughout the day, nothing will affect the look of your head, wind, rain, sun, whatever, it's still gonna look the same.  With hair, the environment can cause havoc to you're styled hair, making it go from looking good to looking a mess.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Darren67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »
Wow! Just reading some posts I'm suprised that guys take an extra 20 minutes? It takes me between 7-10 minutes to shave. So low maintenance! :) love it

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 05:43:59 PM »
Objectivally I consider it high maintinence as on the days I shave it adds an extra 20 minutes or so to my routine. ( Or extra 10 minutes when I had hair)

But I think a large part of this is that I now take pride in how I look and how my head feels. I could not shave for 3 or 4 days and look okay, and have a rough head, but that would drive me mental!

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:00 PM »
Bearing in mind, I shave with the Wahl Balders pretty much to the skin every 2-3 days, I'd say that compared to the 10 mins a day I'd spend styling my hair - along with visits to the hairdresser and money spent on product that being bald is a very low maintenance option for me!

Offline Professor Rorschack

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 09:48:39 PM »
I'd say that it has become more high maintenance in the sense that I use more product on my head now than I did when I had hair. Thank you Bee Bald and Headblade for your various stellar products that keep my sly look a slick look!
"Mere longevity cannot render life meaningful any more than brevity has the power to make it meaningless."
-Peter Rollins

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 08:11:03 AM »
I've commented on this before, and for me, being bbc, takes extra time every day to shave. I hadn't shaved for over 2 weeks(that's another story) and today I exfoliated, shaved and lotioned, and it looks and feels fantastic! It's so worth the time to maintain a nice smooth head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »
Im kinda on the fence with this one. Its high maintenance in that it requires extra product i dont need on other areas of my body that i shave, but also low maintenance because it only adds a few extra mins in the shower. But even that is an issue ive solved. Since i was already shaving everything below the neck, i discovered adding the time it took to shave my head to my shower time caused the hot water to run out. So now since i already take 2 showers a day, i simply shave my head during my morning shower, and the rest during evening shower.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 10:26:43 AM »
High maintenance. As well as the head to shave, there's a beard to groom and a handlebar mustache to wax.

Still, it's look !

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 12:24:53 PM »
What can make it bit more difficult is skin type . I have oily skin soi have ended up investing in scrubs and face washes to keep the skin smooth . Also the more i shave the faster it grows back. I have cut down the amount of shaving i do to every other day . Works  for me best that way
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 02:05:23 PM »
Well for me it's a lot quicker then when I used to shave my face and only takes a few mins longer then when I used to use an electric rotary shaver with much better and longer lasting results. Now since I've grown so accustomed to the smooth dome and feel the need to shave every day whenever possible I actually could say that it is high maintenance.  Also I am BBC with very thick coarse curly hair that grows in all directions and takes 3+ passes plus touch ups to get 100% smooth unless I settle for a "better then a buzz cut" day where I'll do a quick 2 passer.

I guess my final answer is, for me, a low maintenance task requiring high maintenance upkeep...
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 05:51:42 PM »
I consider it high maintenance but so worth it. I always thought a slick head and furry everywhere else pairs well on a guy!

Offline bbc2012

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Since I am bbc it is high maintenance. But it is really worth it  :)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 02:36:37 PM »
Definitely high maintenance.

Enter your email address: