Author Topic: Oh, just shave it, will you!  (Read 29221 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Oh, just shave it, will you!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 07:44:55 AM »
Well,unfortunately I'm one of those people that care what people think. I'm also afraid to shave it completely. Plus I don't look bad with my thinning hair as long as I wear it short. I have a high forehead so I don't think I'll look good shaved slick.It will look like too much head. I wear my hairpiece on certain occasions because in my family most of my male relatives my age have their own hair.There's only 2 others like me and one lives out of state and the other one is 14 years older than me so I really feel like the odd man out. I really care how others see me. I think I'm an actor wannabe because I want to have that look with my perfectly coiffed hair.

I can relate to how you feel; most of us here probably can.  I've never worn a hairpiece, but I can empathise with everything else you wrote about.  I think pretty much everybody thinks that other people look great shaved slick, but don't think that they will look good that way themselves -- until they try it.

Ditch the hairpiece.  Everybody knows it isn't real and you've already been told that you look good without it, so why bother?  I would imagine that even if you're wearing the piece around strangers who don't know it's not your own hair, you'll always be wondering if people are noticing or not.  That will only impede you along the road of self-acceptance.   As for the high forehead, shaving will probably de-emphasize this feature, not make it more prominent as you seem to fear.

If you don't want to shave, then don't.  But get your hair buzzed as short as you feel comfortable with and keep it that way.  You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't say it's an improvement.  And who knows, after wearing it that short for a while, you may decide to give a total shave a try.  It's a lot less scary when you know you can revert back to your "regular" look (short buzz cut) within a week.

Good luck!!

Offline don

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 10:03:15 PM »
Great advice RazorX and thank you all for your input. It really helps clear up some of my confusion.

Offline cinephage

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 02:28:59 AM »
hello !!

Just a hello, cause a very busy all days, so thank you for your supports!!
Like shaved my head!
Shave your head, more beautiful, more virilism!!!

See U

Offline blondeguy

• Super Sly
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »
I'm not going to lie to you... once you shave it clean, it will be an adjustment.  Give it 6 weeks and then reevaluate.

Heck, it only took me three days to love it.  Best Monday at work ever.  I thought I had a high forehead too until I shaved it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 04:51:13 PM by blondeguy »

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 06:53:13 PM »
I'm not going to lie to you... once you shave it clean, it will be an adjustment.  Give it 6 weeks and then reevaluate.

Heck, it only took me three days to love it.  Best Monday at work ever.  I thought I had a high forehead too until I shaved it.

Man, the High Forehead is alot less noticable when there is no hair to stand as contrast.  I think we have found another problem that is solved with a Razor!
Peace

Enter your email address: