Author Topic: Do you really like being bald?  (Read 251126 times)

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
Re: Do you really like being bald?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »
My feelings are mixed, I really loved my blond hair. No one had the same kind of blond hair that I had, got  a lot of attention. Made me feel special.

Like RazorX says, it's very liberating to shave of your hair if you are balding. Now I know there's a lot more about me than just my hair. It has really been a mature process for me to understand that hair is just hair, it doesn't define whom you are.

If I could choose between being bald or with hair, I would be with hair and just shave of my hair. Hair doesn't mean so much for me anymore but I would still be more comfortable with just knowing that I had hair.

I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

marty22

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »
agreed William. I was just on vacaction in Delaware and a lot of guys over 40 shaved it off.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »
Let's see, given the choice of

1) severe male pattern baldness coupled with a painful case of seborrheic dermatitis
OR
2) Sly and pain free (and looking pretty darn good I might add)

I'll choose option #2 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!   8)

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Mclovin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »
Shaving me head is ME TIME. Might sound a little crazy but it gives me a chance to be into to me and sometimes it has to be about ME.  >:D

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
 I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.  NO TURNING BACK

Offline Impaired

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »
If I had a full head of hair  there is no way I would shave my head ,however since I shaved it off two months ago everybody loves it and yeah, I don't mind the ladies touching my head.I would never have just hair in the back and sides of my head, I don't like that look.

Northernlion

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »
Loved it the instant I took it off and have never even come close to entertaining a thought about growing it back (it's only been 3 weeks though).

So what if people are looking at you? I revel in it now. Don't you feel like you're a presence when you walk into a room? You're the center of attention if only for a brief moment in time. I feel like a superstar when I walk down the street, not a freak.

Offline Ian

• UK Baldie
  • Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 12:29:18 AM »
Ok if i had a full head of hair then i don't know if i would shave or not.But i don't so it's shaved off Sly & i Love it
Best thing i ever did....
I saw my Dad a few weeks back & he has the classic 'Horseshoe' going on,but for some bizarre reason decided to grow it??? :/O I had just shaved my head that morning & he said,'you can grow it you know'....you don't wanna know my answer to that one..... :-X
I knew I was going bald when it was taking longer and longer to wash my face

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 02:42:34 AM »
I would never go back to hair 8)

shakf

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 03:20:23 AM »
Can't say that I initially liked the look and was very conscious in my twenties about it. Maybe cos I'm the only member of my extended family between 20-40 who is bald. But I have grown to like it now to be honest.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 03:22:25 AM »
If I had a full head of hair I doubt I'd take the time effort needed to shave it and keep it shaved, but between horseshoe ring of hair and bald, I'll take bald. I think it looks pretty slick.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 05:35:58 AM »
Is this a trick question??? ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 05:53:58 AM »
Honestly........ I dont like being bald.  I find it a bit disempowering to not have the choice of having hair. However, although i have times when i really struggle to like the way i look, I am determined and driven to get over it but honestly given the choice of being able to grow it back i would.  Which offends me a little cos i hate the fact that I care.  Consequently it is the caring i plan to deal with rather than the hair. 

So i like others will be sly for life.  Even if there is a cure in our lifetime which I am sure there will be, I would resent taking advantage of it.  But that is just me.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:45 AM »
I received a nice compliment from my mom the other day.  She said, "is it just me or does your head look really good?"  then she inspected it and noticed that the top of my head is the same color as my face now.  After that she said being shaved was my best look.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 07:03:54 AM »
Way to go dog.   Great to get positive affirmations from family about being sly.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Enter your email address: