Author Topic: Tanning the head  (Read 7245 times)

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
Tanning the head
« on: April 21, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »
Could you all please give me some tips on tanning the scalp? I really appreciate it!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tanning the head
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 06:31:17 AM »
Use sunblock! Then gradual periods of sun. Definitely don't get burned. When I first shaved my head, it was in June and the shaved area was really white. After about 3 days, it was pretty evened out. I also used a self tanning lotion that helped a little.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »
go SLOW! yeah, s-block at first, limited exposure to the rays. wear a hat to limit the burn when starting out.

Offline jmdate

• Learning the way of Sly
  • It has been a long time...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 03:28:15 PM »
I started shaving my head so that I could apply sunscreen to my scalp more easily. It is so easy to get burnt and sunstroke is so miserable to put up with.

An all-day sunblock is easy to apply first thing in the morning before leaving the house. I always have a hat with me too for when the sun gets too much. I hate to get caught out without it.

Offline TLN89

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Thank you for the responses! So, pretty much just sun screen and let it gradually start to darken? What about the self tanning lotion? How hard is that to get it to look right?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »

I agree!  sun stroke  and skin cancer are no jokes!  I always hated putting sunscreen on my head when I wore a horseshoe flattop and that is one of the great benefits of choosing to go fully sly.

I use a great sunscreen that comes in a spray, goes on almost dry, is never "greasy", doesn't get effected bybsweat and roll down my forehead, and is almost waterproof.  Comes in five different SPF's

Nutrogena Sheer Mist spraybsunblock.  I use it every day on my scalp!