Author Topic: Scars and Ear Piercings  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Scars and Ear Piercings
« on: December 13, 2016, 04:29:58 PM »
 I had surgery yesterday around my ears.   I knew that they were going to cut big scars behind my ears to get to my mastoid bone but when they took the bandages off today to change them I discovered that they  also cut big scars along my temple line and beneath the lobe of my ears.   They had also taken out my #6 ear tunnels even though they had  initially told me I could leave them in now they say they'll have to be out for at least 2 to 3 weeks by which time they'll be all closed up.

needless to say I'm feeling very self-conscious about all the scars on my formerly nice bald head even though the surgeon tells me they will fade away with in 6 to 10 months.   And  I can't see me growing long hair around my temples and ears! 

perhaps I should also just forget about redoing the piercings also - since they probably will just draw attention to the ears and the scars around them.

maybe I shoul grow some hair back so pepople don't  Focus on the imperfections in my scalp  -  and I had really liked the shaved head!

I am not a very happy camper today!

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: Scars and Ear Piercings
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »
Never be self conscious, wear them proudly! Our bodies are a canvas telling the story of our life... you just added a very Interesting chapter to that book my friend!

Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 04:01:52 AM »
Wow, Randy, sorry that happened to you. Does the scar go all the way around your head or are they located just at the ears?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 10:59:26 PM »
they start in the hairline of the temple go down to the top of the year around the top of the year and all the way down the back of the year to the bottom of the year they tell me they do them this way so you can grow hair to cover them up

Offline Lee

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »
Don't worry Semi-Sly, your doctor is right, they will fade away in time.  I had a Mohs procedure on my forehead to remove some skin cancer leaving a gaping 3 by 1 inch wound.  It looked like someone hit me with an ax.  In about 6 months it was hardly noticeable.  I did use some scar cream that my dermatologist recommended and it seemed to help.  By the way, shaving helps soften those scars too.....

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 03:18:45 AM »
thanks Lee.  they are going to remove the staples on Tuesday butbI think itbwill beveomevtime before I could get near those wounds with a razor!  my head hasn't been shaved now in over a week and I have a #1 buzz cut going.  Itbwill probably bevabout two months before I can get a haircut or shave.
I might have to give up the baldie and grow some hair to camoflague the scars whle the heal.