Poll

What type of peanut butter do you prefer?

Crunchy
Smooth
If it's Peanut Butter, I'll eat it.
Yuck. No PB for me!

Author Topic: Crunchy or Smooth  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Crunchy or Smooth
« on: December 05, 2016, 04:26:41 PM »
I just finished the jar of peanut butter and need to run out and get some more. I was curious what type of peanut butter everyone prefers.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Crunchy or Smooth
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:47:48 PM »
Smooth - in a sandwich w/ strawberry preserves.  The convenience store near the house also sells a great candy made out of peanut butter and corn flakes.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 04:52:27 PM »
As a whole I typically eat smooth instead of crunchy but I'm not too picky! My wife prefers smooth and we cook with it often and have a little dog who loves it also so it's usually smooth/creamy around my house
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
Anyone have a favorite brand? If a store has Adam's Natural PB, I'll usually get it. This 80oz jar can hold me over for a while :)

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:21:56 PM »
Trusty old Kraft crunchy for me  O0

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »
My local grocery store usually has either skippy or Peter Pan (both 100% natural kind) on a bogo sale for the "regular sized" jars so it's usually one of those two.  Out of the two I prefer skippy.  They also have a store brand that is great but it actually costs more when they have one of the above sales.

I recently have been playing around with (both at home and at work in the brewery) PB2.  It's 100% peanuts with a touch of salt ground into a fine powder.  Mix a 1:1 ratio of PB2 to water.  The jar is easier but we will always have a jar or two in our "emergency" stash
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:22 PM »
Peanut butter is something I overindulge in so I don't keep it in the house.  In the. Uaturwlmbrwnds where the oils separate from the rest, I like when you get to the last third or so of the jar.  It hardens in the refrigerator and is like candy.   :@`

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 01:20:33 AM »
Haha. That's the bonus section of the peanut butter.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 05:13:59 AM »
I grew up with Jif, so that's what I normally buy.  However, Kroger has a store brand peanut butter that is actually pretty good.  Crunchy all the way!

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 07:28:30 AM »
I actually like both!  I hardly ever buy the crunchy but love it none the less.  I recently purchased a Vitamix.  I picked up a large container of peanuts at Sam's and made my own last night.  OH MY GOODNESS........talk about the best I have ever ate!!!!  All natural and nothing but the peanuts and the sea salt that was on them.  Is suppose to last 6 weeks in the frig!  Warm peanut butter was really good I must say too on my sandwich I made with homemade veggie beef soup!!

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »
what a personal question. Lol

I prefer smooth but I do like crunchy as well. Doesn't really matter to me but I suppose if asked or if I could choose either in the cupboard I would reach for smooth honey peanut butter.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »
Smucker's  Natural  Chunky , but I hate the mixing of it at first opening. Leaving the jar upside down for a day or so help with distributing the oil.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 06:18:35 AM »
Crunchy has some 'meat' and texture to it.  Love it.

I prefer the brands which are just Peanuts and Salt.  No Crisco, No sugar, No additives or emulsifiers.

Yes the oil separates out, but that's shows that it is REAL peanut butter!

Minimal processing.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
I like Skippy Natural Super Crunch.  There's a small brand called "The Peanut Butter Company" that makes a really good all-natural super crunchy PB that's really good, but it's hard to find. 

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 09:32:18 AM »
nobody likes Teddy's All Natural?

Enter your email address: