Author Topic: I'm more attractive with hair, but in some ways, I prefer being bald.  (Read 7540 times)

Offline luckyone824

• Sly Jr.
I'm 24 and in the early stages of balding (taking finasteride currently). I've shaved my head once and gotten very short buzz cuts a few times. I think I look all right with buzzed/no hair (tho I think I look better aesthetically with hair) and I love the feeling of having a bald/buzzed head. I also somewhat prefer the way it looks because it's kinda unique even if I'm less attractive without hair. It's hard for me to describe. On the other hand, EVERYONE that I know has commented that buzzed/no hair isn't a great look on me.

Has anybody else on this sub ever felt conflicted between looking better with hair and feeling better with a shaved head?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: I'm more attractive with hair, but in some ways, I prefer being bald.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 04:03:08 PM »
Yes, I am constantly conflicted!  everyyone I know saysyy that I look better. with hair; especially wwhen I sport my signature Flattop.    and they are right and I agree with them!

BUT,  even though  I don't look as good with my head shaved, AND. I hate shaving!,  I  really love the clean feeling of gettg and having a clean shaven scalp.  It is both exiarating and empoweinng to me.  .I love the way it feels and I like the way tthaat I FEEL when Have the gleaming dome!   I fel like I am taking some control my own body and Ii loove the freedom.

BUT, I know that I wont look good if I do it again

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 12:38:07 AM »
Do what makes you happy 😀

Offline dshupe

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:38:22 AM »
Do what makes you happy 😀

I agree with Jordan, do what makes you happy.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 06:53:05 AM »
Can you post some pics?   

Offline Wicked_Ripper

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 09:01:33 AM »
Some pics would really help.
Do what you feel like doing.
Bald is not for everyone, that's what makes it dam special

Offline luckyone824

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »
Pics from last year: https://m.imgur.com/a/9PwL4

The problem is that I'm extremely indecisive. I personally love the way it looks/feels, but I do actually care about what other ppl think of me.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 08:30:45 AM »
IMO = you have hair to either buzz, razor shave bald, or grow out.  Enjoy !  You are handsome looking young guy.
Enjoy life with or without hair !

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »
Do what feels best to you, if you shave your head, it'll grow back. If you grow your hair, you can always shave it off! I'm an indecisive person as well. You can always switch between the two as well.

Offline ThePangolin

• Sly
  • Outdoorsman, Officer, Saved by Jesus Christ
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »

The problem is that I'm extremely indecisive. I personally love the way it looks/feels, but I do actually care about what other ppl think of me.

ha, my struggle exactly. i care too much about how im perceived based on my hair choice, rather than if i am happy.

truth is people wont really care, they will notice however if youre happy in your own skin, and thats important.

you look great with the buzzed style but i think its worth a shot going for sly, you have a great head for it and glasses with a bald look is really cool. i almost wish i wore glasses, lol

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »
Thanks for the pics.  I'm never one to tell someone what to do, but for me, when I was trying to decide whether to shave my head, I decided I had to do what makes me happy.  Just me.  I'm not responsible for anyone's happiness but my own.  There were some people that didn't like it, but after a while they got used to it and now expect to see me bald.  That was over 2 years ago and I've never looked back. 

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 02:16:31 PM »
Hey good post . I hope you have done all the necessary research on finasteride before you commit yourself to life time of pills. It also won't solve the hair loss but will give   you a few extra years . I tried it myself when i was in my "insecure" phase along with minoxidil but decided i'd rather be bald. I know for a fact i would look better with hair as it lets you get away with certain things  but i also know i could really rock the bald look if i took proper care of myself . From what i have seen as 30 year old bald man and observed confidence is the key .Many many times i have seen older bald guys being the centre of attention and with the best looking women and guys. You are young guy who is in the fun phase of life so enjoy it. Eventually you will wake up one day  and go with you feel good not other people. Enjoy the 20s i certainly did !!
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline nor_cal

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
I feel I've run into similar situations.  What'd you end up doing?

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »

that look is great on you. keep doing what you're doing and your days worrying about hair are OVER. once your confidence increases, it's pretty f'ing great.

Enter your email address: