Author Topic: Sly Bald Guys Fitness Challenge  (Read 11212 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Sly Bald Guys Fitness Challenge
« on: December 02, 2006, 01:25:22 AM »
Are you ready to get into shape?  Do you have a fitness goal that you want to achieve?  Well, now is the time to do it!

The Sly Bald Guys Fitness Challenge is not a challenge that puts man against man, it's a challenge that puts man against himself.  The goal of the SBG Fitness Challenge is to help you stay on track with your goals and to give you the support and motivation you need to achieve them.

So here's the way it works...

You post your goal, the time frame you would like to acheive your goal, and the steps you are going to take to achieve your goal.  If you have more than one goal, then post all of them.  No goal is too big or too small.  This goal does not have to be just about losing weight.  You may want to increase the distance you can run without stopping or decrease the amount of time it takes you to run a mile.  You may want to lose inches around your waist or increase the size of your biceps.  Whatever your fitness goal is, myself and the other guys here will help you acheive it.

Once you have posted your goal, then post up occasional updates letting us know what you have done to take the step to acheive your goal and an occasional update on the results of your work.

Start the challenge when you wish - it's never too early, but if you wait too long, it could be too late.

I will be starting my challenge on Monday, Dec 4th.

What's the reward?  Accomplishment!  The satisfaction of achieving a goal!  A healthier you!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Sly Bald Guys Fitness Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »
Tyler,

Way to go, man!  As you may recall, my wife and I have a deal where when I lose my first 15 lbs I shave my head without further protest and give it 2 or 3 weeks to see if it's a fit.

So that's my first short-term goal.  I'm at 253 right now, so when I get to 238 I shave the plate and become a BONA FIDE Sly Bald Guy.

Other than that, I've ordered the Nutrisystem meals and we already belong to a local gym.  I just need to get back on track.  My wife and I were working out 6 days a week FAITHFULLY from May to the end of August this year.  August 31, we bought our home and with moving and all that just got way off our program.

Anyway, my ideal weight is probably 210 to 220...so I've got 30 or 40 lbs to really be svelt.

More to follow about time frame for the long-term part.  But for now, hold me accountable to the 15 lbs and shaving my cap.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »
More to follow about time frame for the long-term part.  But for now, hold me accountable to the 15 lbs and shaving my cap.

Will do!  So, the Nutrisystem meals and working out are your steps to lose the initial 15 pounds?  How often will you be working out?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 12:06:13 AM »
I guess it would be easiest for the people that want to participate to create a new topic just for their goal and then keep a journal of their progress in that topic.  That way everyone isn't posting to the same topic where there's potential to overlook someone.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 06:29:38 AM »
So, the Nutrisystem meals and working out are your steps to lose the initial 15 pounds?

Yep - Should be able to do that in 5 or 6 weeks.

How often will you be working out?

4 to 6 days a week.  6 days a week is the ideal.  I follow the Bill Phillips - Body For Life workout approach: 

Day 1 -- Upper Body
Day 2 -- Cardio
Day 3 -- Lower Body
Day 4 -- Cardio
Day 5 -- Upper Body
Day 6 -- Cardio
Day 7 -- OFF

Then Next 7 days starts with Lower Body.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 06:37:19 AM »
I guess it would be easiest for the people that want to participate to create a new topic just for their goal and then keep a journal of their progress in that topic.  That way everyone isn't posting to the same topic where there's potential to overlook someone.

Probably a good idea.  So you're starting today, Huh?  Today's an unusual schedule for me, but then there will always be certain days with unusual schedules.  I'll probably dial in my weights and reps and treadmill speeds today and then be off and running when my nutrisystems stuff arrives....posting my journal thread.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 05:38:39 PM »

So you're starting today, Huh? 

Yeah, I figured that I might as well just make the leap and do it.  This way I will be more controlled through the rest of the holiday season and hit the ground running in 2007.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 02:24:30 PM »
By the way, keep an eye on the caption under my picture.  I will update how many more lbs to go before I shave the plate....when I get to -0- I will have "the new me" picture, 15lbs lighter and truly shaved.

If you guys see that it's been a week or something without dropping the next pound...I want you to call me on it.

I need to average about 2 lbs a week to get down to 213 by April 9th (my 45th B-Day)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:26:18 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
i got on the scale earlier and if it ain't broken, i lost 4lbs before i really start doing anything. i think the scale is broken or something. owell :D

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »
wow that was post #250. i got to #200 yesterday. i really need to do some work. hahaha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 09:24:43 AM »
One thing I wanted to put out there just in case you haven't heard of it or really looked into it is Bill Phillips' "Body 4 Life" program.  I've been prone to chubbiness since I was a pre-teen, so I'm one of those who have been on every conceivable "diet" and/or excercise fad.   Body 4 Life is the most effective program I've done to date.   

It's not for the light-hearted.  But if yer up for something really transformational....Body 4 Life, baby.

If your curiosity is stirred I wrote a bit more on Tyler's Fitness Goal posting.   

One major COOL thing about B4L is that when you're really crankin' on steady and serious weight and cardio workouts, you can take 1 day off a week where you eat and/or drink whatever the heck you want without thwarting or undermining your progress........as long as you're right back on the program the next day. So it gives you something to look forward to every week. 

I'm one who goes between simply wanting be confident when I tuck my shirt in--not caring so much about definition................to getting all fired up to shave the body hair and strut around at the beach feelin' REAL confident, man.  B4L is designed for the latter.   www.body4life.com

B4L has been around quite a while.  Anyone else looked into it?....done it?...loved it?....hated it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 03:01:44 PM by Robmeister »