Author Topic: Anyone went sly after getting a hair transplant?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Anyone went sly after getting a hair transplant?
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:13:58 PM »
I've had two FUE hair transplants and neither of them went as expected. I'd like to shave everything and let go of my insecurities and move on with life and not worry about more repairs, costs, meds, concealers, shying away from people, ocd hair research tendencies, etc. The past 3 years has truly been miserable and I just want to live a normal life where I can freely do things without worrying about my self-made insecurities that's negatively affecting my own inner happiness.

I am hoping to get some advice on what's the best approach to take if I do wish to shave? Should I get SMP over 2500 FUE scars? How well has this worked for others? At what length can you buzz the front without the noticeable higher density on corners compared to thinned out middle and crown? Or will I need to bic shave it?

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Re: Anyone went sly after getting a hair transplant?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:44:05 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I have a cousin that has been using both rogaine and propecia for 17 years, he liked Dr Yates no shave FUE procedure and he believes he will get all his hair back, I told my cousin to shave his head but he refuses because he will get his hair back. My cousin has been trying to talk me into these drugs and transplants for years but I tell him I'm going to maintain a razor shaved head. My cousin is on hormone replacement pills for the rest of his life .

Offline dart24

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 04:34:13 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I have a cousin that has been using both rogaine and propecia for 17 years, he liked Dr Yates no shave FUE procedure and he believes he will get all his hair back, I told my cousin to shave his head but he refuses because he will get his hair back. My cousin has been trying to talk me into these drugs and transplants for years but I tell him I'm going to maintain a razor shaved head. My cousin is on hormone replacement pills for the rest of his life .

What do you mean? Did propecia fucked his hormones?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 05:00:24 AM »
Welcome, Asianman!

SMP over the FUE area is a decent option. (I take it based on your username you are of Asian descent) I know an SMP artist who is of Vietnamese descent and he too made the mistake of getting a hair transplant. He shaves with a foil shaver, and he showed me how his scar was covered with SMP. The coverage was so good, I had to put on glasses to notice the difference. Or you could see a doctor about laser therapy in the scarred area. Good luck to you and let us know how you get on.

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:47:03 AM »

What do you mean? Did propecia fucked his hormones?
Yes it did, he is infertile because of the hair regrowth drugs.

Offline USP678

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 04:53:44 PM »
you need to remove some of your message/replies in order for me to PM you.

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 05:06:15 AM »
Usp678, sorry did not know my inbox was full, try again

Offline Juanzinni

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »
Hello everyone, just reading through the posts and have noticed this is a very popular topic (shaving after HT) if any of you guys have done so can you please post some pics especially of the front of your head where the hair was transplanted? I posted earlier about it my head is just extremely red and sensitive in that area.

I'm still trying to get the hang of how to properly navigate through the site. For those who replied to my first post thanks again.

Enter your email address: